PDA

View Full Version : Funding IUHS

BuckPhD
12-03-2014, 02:55 PM
What funding resources have students found for attending IUHS? (national HealtH Service Corps is only for schools in the 50 states.)

lawyerdoc2b
12-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Canadian students have loans. US students do not. For the first two years I pay $1,190 a month for 27 months (installments). Other plans are available.

dave_davita
03-15-2015, 09:53 PM
I am planning on applying to IUHS. Just concerned about residency chances and licensure. My goal is ER Doc. I have read some negative postings regarding the viability of the school/program. Please help.

BuckPhD
03-16-2015, 10:11 AM
I am planning on applying to IUHS. Just concerned about residency chances and licensure. My goal is ER Doc. I have read some negative postings regarding the viability of the school/program. Please help.

The first step is to apply so you can start in August. There IUHS graduates practricing in many states and in Canada, UK, ect. Where do you want to practice? California has a large closed doo but many conservative states like Texas are on a case by case basis for license.

dave_davita
03-17-2015, 05:02 AM
The first step is to apply so you can start in August. There IUHS graduates practricing in many states and in Canada, UK, ect. Where do you want to practice? California has a large closed doo but many conservative states like Texas are on a case by case basis for license.

Thank you so much for your response. That's reassuring.

Lumc621
03-23-2015, 08:35 PM
I have yet to see info regarding anyone who has completed the distance learning only option who has obtained licensure in the United States. I agree there are a number of licensed MDs from IUHS but I believe they are all from prior to distance learning only option.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.