PDA

View Full Version : Stay away from bay front apt. Right across sgu campus

schtudy
12-01-2014, 09:01 PM
I STAYED AT BAY FRONT APT. THE TERRIBLE LANDLORD IS A *$*@**@. The apt i lived in literally was falling apart. I continously had someone fixing something. I finally got tired of it when my entire apt flooded , with flowing water coming out the door and all my personal belongings getting ruined. what did he do? He threatened to keep my deposit if i tried to stir up any trouble and said what are you going to do about it. I have talked to SGU to get them off the list of recommended apts. literally the worst experience ever.

schtudy
12-01-2014, 09:48 PM
did anyone else have a bad experience there?

geronimoalltheway
12-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Ouch, that's really unfortunate. I hope you get your deposit back & relocate to a better apartment. I highly recommend the marquis apartments in grande anse. The landlords are very attentive, prompt and the apartments are decent, spacious studios renting for around $700 when I lived there. I can't even begin to stress the ideal location - across the street from IGA, grand anse beach, umbrellas, boulangerie, sushi, etc. and it's right on the bus route to campus. Good luck.

schtudy
12-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Unfortunately, SGU housing has provided zero help aside from long distance phone calls. They told me on a weekly basis they would look into it, speak with the landlord and get back to me. that never happened, i never received my refund.

One last suggestion. If you can pay using a reliable credit card for your deposit, your credit card can potentially fight on your behalf. Which was picking up traction before it fell based on the time that had lapsed between transaction date and the date i filed the complaint. Unfortunately, i looked into all avenues before i gave up. These landlord know most American students once gone from the island have limited resources to fight appeals against them. So, your deposit is as good as gone the moment you pay for an appt in Grenada. Im in rotations now so i dont have to worry about it .

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.