PDA

View Full Version : Study Locations at Saba

nikeis2good4u
10-20-2014, 04:01 PM
Just curious, Where do the majority of people usually study? Dorm, Library, common Area, other? Is the campus Wifi connected? How late are the public study areas open?

lightningstrike
10-21-2014, 08:46 PM
The library is one option. It is open from 7:30 am to 12:00am (midnight), 7 days a week.
Campus Wifi is available from 4 pm to 7:45 am (it is disabled during class hours). However library wi-fi is available during regular class times.

There are a few other study locations, but I mostly use my room personally.

nikeis2good4u
10-21-2014, 11:59 PM
What about study group option? Not so popular or is it a personal thing?

Also, Aside from the obvious reason why wifi is shut off during class (Distractions), is there another reason?

lightningstrike
10-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Hey,

Well that would be one reason. I can only surmise that the low internet bandwidth that the school has is being preserved by turning off the internet during class hours. I don't think it can handle 300-400 students on youtube/google/facebook etc at the same time. Keep in mind this is a small island, and internet bandwidth is a premium. Don't expect internet faster than 1 or 2 Mbps.

Study groups are definitely an option. Plenty of people do so, and it is easy enough to find people at the dorms to study with as you all have the same classes.
I don't like them personally, as I'm mostly an independent learner and read the slides on my own.

As an FYI another study location open from 7:30am-11:30pm, is the old examination room ("dungeon"). Which is a room with cubicles/power outlets for silent study.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.