PDA

View Full Version : Examinations question

nikeis2good4u
10-18-2014, 01:47 PM
How are test usually administered?

How are the anatomy and physiology tests administered?
- virtual cadaver lab practicals?
- real cadavers lab practicals with pins and fill in the blank?

lightningstrike
10-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Tests at the school are mostly multiple choice exams completed at a computer in the testing center. Expect multiple-choice exams with a focus on USMLE question styles.

Currently, anatomy exams consist of a 100 question computerized multiple-choice exam and a 25 station (2 questions per station) cadaver lab practical with pins. For the lab practical you have to respond to questions regarding the pinned structures with a 1 minute limit per station.

For example:
1. a) what are two clinical syndromes associated with dysfunction of the pinned structure?
1. b) what is the embryological origin of the tagged structure?

However all of this information is moot, as starting next semester the curriculum will be changing and evaluation methods may be altered.

nikeis2good4u
10-18-2014, 11:54 PM
Thank you for the information.

When you say USMLE style what do you mean by that?

laricb
10-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Thank you for the information.

When you say USMLE style what do you mean by that?That would be like asking what MD stands for. United States Medical Licensing Examination

nikeis2good4u
10-20-2014, 03:57 PM
Lol I know that! I was asking about the kind of style that would be. Multiple choice A-E, Level 1- Level 4? That kind of stuff :-)

lightningstrike
10-28-2014, 03:03 PM
Multiple choice A-E (mostly). But some questions may be A-G or more.

Take a look at the Board Review Series book for Anatomy to get a feel of the style of questions (BRS Gross Anatomy 7e by Chung).

Once again the curriculum is changing so I wouldn't buy the book (or any textbook for that matter), maybe just find a way to view a sample test from it e.g. borrow from a library.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.