PDA

View Full Version : January 2015 Accepted!

UA_Medicine
10-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Hey guys,

Just got my acceptance e-mail. I am excited but nervous.

Coming from Bronx, NY. Who else has been accepted and is starting in January?

S_S146
10-14-2014, 08:20 PM
HI there,

I just mailed out my seat deposit today for Jan 2015!!! Super nervous as well... I'm coming from Queens, NY. Glad to know there's other New Yorkers at Saba :)

UA_Medicine
10-19-2014, 02:36 PM
HI there,

I just mailed out my seat deposit today for Jan 2015!!! Super nervous as well... I'm coming from Queens, NY. Glad to know there's other New Yorkers at Saba :)

I am so excited that another new yorker is coming also. I am trying to find a facebook group to join? But haven't found one for January. When are you planning to fly there? They said to arrive around dec 27th but i really want to spend new years eve at home. So I'm still conflicted about that.

TrueMed
11-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Hi guys,
I as well got accepted to the January 2015 semester, and would like to personally meet you guys. I, as well, am from Queens, NY. I will be arriving at Saba by December 29th. Hope to see you soon!

Best

naina820
12-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Hey guys,

I will also be entering the January 2015 class and I'm also coming from Queens, NY !

omar804
12-21-2014, 08:47 PM
Hey guys, I'm entering january '15 class too and im from richmond Va, im thinking leaving on Jan. 1st.

mous1980
02-16-2015, 01:39 AM
I was entering the jan 2015 class but i deferred to May 2015. Im also from the Bronx. Can you please give me insight? such as books, housing arrangement and loan. Thank You

omar804
02-16-2015, 09:54 AM
I was entering the jan 2015 class but i deferred to May 2015. Im also from the Bronx. Can you please give me insight? such as books, housing arrangement and loan. Thank You

for housing, 1st semesters in dorms, after that u get your own place in the island, some people say they will bring their family to the island so the let them live off campus. others over 30 yrs old live off campus.

loans u apply thru fafsa, once approved and hopefully u have clean credit report, money is dispersed to SABA 1st then they mail u the rest to your US address.

for books u dont have to buy them, because its on the students server, u can download, and have some copies in library too, but personally i would get cheaper copies if can, some people are different, but i like to look at the book rather than the computer screen , and it helps if u cant understand some in class, u can use the book. and some classes like anatomy it helps to have the book.

tips: learn how to cook, u thank me when u get here, eating same thing everyday will suck.
its a 3rd world country so u got adapt to the new life, your not gonna see the stuff u see in the states like mcdonalds or BKs etc.
bring summer clothes, slippers, sandals, b/c its hot.
bring your favorite things as much as u can, b/c they're expensive here like spices, tea, almonds, candy bars.
bring slow cooker saves lots of time when u cook.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.