PDA

View Full Version : Current Students / Residents....

Lumc621
10-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Are there any current students or residents involved with US / State licensing boards to promote IUHS and create acceptance?

Lumc621
10-01-2014, 04:21 PM
If you visit this thread please post on IUHS facebook page. Leave a note here if you do...
WE NEED TO stimulate regular conversation on their page and encourage current students to interact with potential students

lawyerdoc2b
10-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Are there any current students or residents involved with US / State licensing boards to promote IUHS and create acceptance?

Yes. Me. I am a practicing attorney and an IUHS student. Without going into client confidences (IUHS is not my client) I am working with an IUHS student interested in licensing in Tennessee. I am aware of efforts by the school itself to assist students in this endeavor. First hand, I can only speak of my efforts. My personal intent is to seek licensure in Georgia and perhaps Florida and IUHS graduates are able to obtain licensure in those states. That said, I cannot predict where residency selection will take me so licensure elsewhere (hopefully eventually everywhere) is always a consideration.

lawyerdoc2b
10-02-2014, 12:02 PM
If you visit this thread please post on IUHS facebook page. Leave a note here if you do...
WE NEED TO stimulate regular conversation on their page and encourage current students to interact with potential students

Good idea regarding Facebook. I, for one don't use Facebook much though I have no beef with those who do.

There is another thread on ValueMD: "IUHS Straight Answers From Current Students"

DrGMP
01-30-2016, 05:08 PM
Yes. Me. I am a practicing attorney and an IUHS student. Without going into client confidences (IUHS is not my client) I am working with an IUHS student interested in licensing in Tennessee. I am aware of efforts by the school itself to assist students in this endeavor. First hand, I can only speak of my efforts. My personal intent is to seek licensure in Georgia and perhaps Florida and IUHS graduates are able to obtain licensure in those states. That said, I cannot predict where residency selection will take me so licensure elsewhere (hopefully eventually everywhere) is always a consideration.

My hope is that Tn will allow practicing physicians from other states [who are IUHS graduates] receive endorsement or other reciprocal means. That would be sweet!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.