PDA

View Full Version : Transfer

Abo Malek Al Ward
09-21-2014, 04:44 PM
I got 215 on step 1 ..Is there a chance to transfer to Saint Georges from Sint eustatius ?

tkm2323
09-21-2014, 05:10 PM
I got 215 on step 1 ..Is there a chance to transfer to Saint Georges from Sint eustatius ?

I can't even begin to imagine why you would want to, but for reference you scored about the same as the average non-matched independent applicant...soooo I'm not sure how competitive you'd be considered for a transfer. Then again, in all honesty, I have no idea how many people try to transfer into that school's program; so maybe you're the only one and you'll have great chances. Only one way to find out I guess...

Abo Malek Al Ward
09-21-2014, 05:14 PM
For NY approval ?

tkm2323
09-21-2014, 05:28 PM
For NY approval ?

My apologies, I read your original post as wanting to transfer to Sint Eustatius from SGU, and that made no sense to me. Now that I reread it, your question makes sense. Here's the best answer I can give, directly from SGU's website: "St. George’s University does not seek, and rarely accepts, advanced standing students. Candidates must write a letter to the Committee on Admission, which will then determine if the candidate will be allowed to apply for admission with advanced standing. Advanced standing is not granted beyond the beginning of the second year of the four-year medical program."

PnS11
09-22-2014, 11:14 AM
I can't even begin to imagine why you would want to, but for reference you scored about the same as the average non-matched independent applicant...soooo I'm not sure how competitive you'd be considered for a transfer. Then again, in all honesty, I have no idea how many people try to transfer into that school's program; so maybe you're the only one and you'll have great chances. Only one way to find out I guess...

That's a bit on a blanket statement, isn't it? The 215 being the average for an unmatched IMG? Depends on what specialties the unmatched candidates applied to, right?

I don't think 215 is a death sentence for an IMG. Coming to SGU is a whole different discussion.

tkm2323
09-22-2014, 01:09 PM
That's a bit on a blanket statement, isn't it? The 215 being the average for an unmatched IMG? Depends on what specialties the unmatched candidates applied to, right?

I don't think 215 is a death sentence for an IMG. Coming to SGU is a whole different discussion.

I mean, I'm not telling anyone they aren't going to match, that'd be silly. I was just giving a perspective on the score itself. I'm not saying its an awful score, just relating it to this year's match. And while yes, the average score per specialty is definitely different, the number I spoke of (i never specifically named it but it was 213) was the overall average for every unmatched applicant, regardless of specialty applied to.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.