PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Information Please

Confused14
08-29-2014, 05:58 PM
Edit..........

VMD_Opinionated
08-29-2014, 11:18 PM
Confused14 - I know a student who was in a very similar situation as yours and was accepted. As you have seen from other posts, not everyone gets accepted, specially those who have lied in their applications or faked their grades or transcripts.

Look, seriously, the BEST advice I can give you is to give them a call or send them an email explaining your situation and they will tell you what to do and under what conditions you could be admitted.

Regardless of which school you choose to go to or apply to don't be embarrassed about your situation. There are a lot of people in similar or even worse situations. One last piece of advice, don't think about it too much and just do it, call whoever you are going to call before you get scared or start creating obstacles in your mind. Let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you cool?

ahmede
08-29-2014, 11:33 PM
I was just wondering if CMU accepts transfer students who weren't able to pass the NBME comp during their 5th semester to sit for STEP1 and were dismissed (My scores were 69-70, and needed a 72)?

I noticed on the application there is a question asking about ever being dismissed. Does this hurt my chances for being accepted as a transfer? My grades overall are great, never failed anything.

Please let me know if anyone has successfully transferred under similar conditions. Thanks,
Jason

Did you apply to other schools? Washington?

verokmed
08-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Dear ahmede.
Read this before even talking about Washington http://www.valuemd.com/central-south-american-medical-schools/229771-washington-univ-health-science-wuhs.html (http://www.valuemd.com/central-south-american-medical-schools/229771-washington-univ-health-science-wuhs.html)

ahmede
08-30-2014, 11:15 PM
Yeah, but it seems every school has a couple of upset posters. I've talked to students on the island and in clinicals and the feedback has been fine. It is impossible to make everyone happy!

ASB86
09-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Yeah, but it seems every school has a couple of upset posters. I've talked to students on the island and in clinicals and the feedback has been fine. It is impossible to make everyone happy!

That's a positive outlook, ahmede. In my experience, its best to contact the school and ask them whatever questions you all may have. As a clinical student, the school has been very transparent with me and I have had a great experience overall.

cadmd4
09-19-2014, 01:06 AM
Sorry to hear...that sucks. But don't give up hope :)
I second all the other students that have commented. When you are transferring to another institution- it is always a nerve wrecking process. However, forget about everything else and just give a call. The school administration are very friendly and compassionate to each student's situation. I felt so at ease with my transfer when i first came into CMU and i had so may picky questions that were addressed! Good luck let us know your progress!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.