PDA

View Full Version : According to a ValueMD Moderator it is okay to lie on this forum- Make it a Sticky.

VMD_Opinionated
08-08-2014, 09:28 PM
I received a private message from a moderator notifying me that here at ValueMD, anyone can post false information and that it is not against the Terms of Service. More over, he/she said it is up to the school and the students to come and provide proof that they are lies.

My advice is to take the negative comments with a grain of salt and find information about the school from the school, the serious and successful students, and not from the disgruntled students or other schools in competition with CMU.

JVE/PhD
08-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Congratulations VMD_Opinionated this is one of your best positive message posts to date!

VMD is an open forum, and yes the Moderator is correct, anyone with an electronic device at the tips of their fingers can post. These posts can range from the Good, the Bad to the Ugly.

Keep posting VMD_Opinionated! As a fellow CMU student, I understand the limited amount of free time we have to watch this forum, let alone any forum.

To the rest viewing our posts, keep in mind that not a single Institution is immune to Issues and CMU is one that is actively working on correcting theirs as they appear.

I received a private message from a moderator notifying me that here at ValueMD, anyone can post false information and that it is not against the Terms of Service. More over, he/she said it is up to the school and the students to come and provide proof that they are lies.

My advice is to take the negative comments with a grain of salt and find information about the school from the school, the serious and successful students, and not from the disgruntled students or other schools in competition with CMU.

Cavalier
08-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Disputes happen in the real world and blogs. Relax, it's a blog not court. Serious students and followers are paying attention. Apparently, CMU is very successful in admitting students. Get those clinical students into residency and get those basic science students through step one successfully and into clinicals and EVERYONE will be paying attention, especially at 5k a semester...good luck.

VMD_Opinionated
08-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Sure the school admits several students, not 300 to 400 like some "top tier" schools but yeah. But if you apply to a school who lets say, accepts A LOT of students and you end up being rejected ... that must REALLY hurt. That doesn't mean you should go trying to ruin it for everyone else though. From what I'm seeing in other posts now we even have people who don't know anyone at my school, know nothing good or bad about the school but are joining disgruntled students in supporting their grudges. Why in the world would someone do that?

That's the only reason I want current or potential students to be careful about what they read and understand that there are people from other schools posting things here just to keep my school down and in the process keep all its enrolled students down.

medlaw
08-12-2014, 09:14 PM
User can't play nice.

medic300107
08-13-2014, 08:38 AM
Welcome to the world of the internet. Yes it is ok to post false information on the forums because VMD cannot be required to research every claim for truth. It is not the forums position to do so. All we provide is an open forum for discussion. If someone is unhappy or feels like there is something they want to say that is completely ok AS LONG AS IT'S WITHIN THE TERMS OF SERVICE. Again WITHIN THE TERMS OF SERVICE. All moderators do is monitor for terms of service violations, there is nothing in the TOS about posting false information. It is up to anyone reading these forums to decide for themselves who they believe.

VMD_Opinionated
08-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Welcome to the world of the internet. Yes it is ok to post false information on the forums ... AS LONG AS IT'S WITHIN THE TERMS OF SERVICE ...
That is exactly what I'm saying and the purpose of this thread. "It is ok to post false information" according to our moderators.

Current students or prospective students, remember in the Internet, your school is guilty until proven innocent. That is why I encourage everyone to get your information directly from the school or current and successful students and not the disgruntled ones. As the moderator said, its up to the reader to decide who to believe; wouldn't you want to make decisions based on accurate information, verifiable information versus half truths or totally made up information from someone who might not have all the nuts and bolts in the right place?

medlaw
08-13-2014, 11:49 AM
That is exactly what I'm saying and the purpose of this thread. "It is ok to post false information" according to our moderators.

Current students or prospective students, remember in the Internet, your school is guilty until proven innocent. That is why I encourage everyone to get your information directly from the school or current and successful students and not the disgruntled ones. As the moderator said, its up to the reader to decide who to believe; wouldn't you want to make decisions based on accurate information, verifiable information versus half truths or totally made up information from someone who might not have all the nuts and bolts in the right place?

I want to state for the benefit of the ValueMD forum that while it may not be a violation per se to post false information pursuant to the ValueMD policies, all posts made here are in fact governed by US law and appropriate statutes. Libel and defamation are actionable offenses, and although you may attempt to hide behind anonymous posts, you can be held accountable in a court of law if you purposely attempt to defame or commit libel.

And furthermore, i implore you prospective CMU students to perform due diligence on CMU administration. Docket numbers of active court matters are public information and can easily be searched by lexis nexis and a variety of free online court docket searches. You may also contact any law firms such as Bell Law LLC in Chicago that are published on these threads to corroborate assertions that there are active legal matters in negotiations possibly headed to Cook County court against CMU Admin.

These law firms such as Bell Law LLC have been hired by CMU to defend against allegations of breach of contract, perpetration of innocent agency to pursue academic fraud, attempted falsification of academic records, violations of fiduciary duty, and retaliatory revocation of firm offers to prospective students that are attempting to assert their rights. All attorneys such as ******* of Bell Law LLC in Chicago have a legal obligation to expose any conflicts of interest. If you call them up and ask them to represent you against CMU they will tell you they cannot. And thats because CMU has already retained them in their defense.

CMU
08-13-2014, 04:52 PM
From the beginning of CMU, for the last 7 years we haven't had even one court case against the school so if you want to be the first one, pursue it and we are ready with our law firm to defend us. Its our right to refuse substandard transfer students acceptance to the MD program.

medlaw-wife
08-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Thats a loaded statement CMU Official. And while it may be true that it is your right to refuse substandard transfer students acceptance into the MD program, that comment bears no relevance to this thread and our particular circumstance. Your insinuation that you refused my husband's acceptance is deceptive and crafty. He was accepted in January. He paid $1000 to reserve his seat in your MD5 class. Not only was he accepted, but he relied to his and our family's detriment on your firm offer of acceptance. You revoked his seat because he refused to file a retroactive leave of absence which constitutes academic fraud. You attempted to milk him for late tuition fees when your Clinical Dean S.H. expressly stated that admissions for MD5 were rolling and that he would not be assessed late fees. Dean R.J. attempted to justify the revocation claiming that medlaw "dictated policy." What a ridiculous assertion to forward. As if that were a valid a grounds for revocation?! He never dictated policy, P** at ECFMG admin did. He merely referenced P** who asserted that he had the green light to matriculate and sit for the USMLE Step 2. Your admin nixed the messenger, and in doing so, you've created a huge headache for medlaw and our family and now we are bringing our grievance to your doorstep and exposing your illicit practices. We want to be made whole.

CMU School official, you attempted to claim that medlaw's $1000 seat deposit had already been returned and that he was making this whole thing up. That turned out to be a blatant lie. If you are so quick to bear false witness in a public forum about your financial executions, what else are you lying about? Your credibility has seriously come under question. I'm sure if I searched the Cook County docket thoroughly, and you can bet that's going to happen soon, I would uncover other dirty laundry that you've attempted to cover up. That being said, I will update this forum if indeed CMU officials assertion that they have never before had to defend themselves against a claim for administrative tort proves false -- which incidentally I predict it will.

What law firm exactly are you asserting will defend you? ******* at Bell Law is a relatively inexperienced attorney with regard to administrative law. She handles contracts and business law. You may have retained incompetent counsel. If your defense against medlaw's claim is that you revoked your offer because he was "substandard" I will advise him to save our money and let him litigate this himself. First District Municipal Civil handles all Cook County Civil Contract claims less than $30k. We are fully prepared to head there if you are unwilling to make us whole. And the 1,500+ viewers of this forum and growing will be kept in the know about all your underhanded tactics.

Let the Marketplace be the trier of fact. My husband and I will continue to vocalize these matters until something is done. CARICOM and the bodies that govern are sure to get wind of this issue if they haven't already. You have the means to make us whole and do the right thing here. Just right the wrong and we can put this matter to rest. Hopefully you'll be more considerate in the future of prospective students foreseeable reliances and learn from this unpleasant experience. Our family sure has.

verokmed
08-14-2014, 03:15 AM
The history likes to repeat. ValueMD gave you a chance to be a valuable member of this forum like CMU offered you acceptance after your dismissal from the previous school. Upon few conversations and your attitude, CMU revoked your admission and ValueMD banned you from the forum. Is it that there is something wrong with you my friend??? Think of it.

medic300107
08-15-2014, 10:47 AM
There is nothing productive in this thread and as such it is being closed.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.