PDA

View Full Version : Got into 5DMD 2014 (About skype exam & overall staff)

franke11
07-28-2014, 03:49 PM
To start off, I got enrolled into 5DMD 26/07/2014. I have received answer after skype exam in like a day, literally. Basically what should you consider learning and doing when taking skype exam. Also this is probably a really late post and will not be important just because deadline for submissions was 15 of July sooo yeah.

So maybe you have been researching on internet "How to get best first impression through skype interview". Well it's pretty easy.

Firstly be confident, smile and look at the camera from time to time and your dress code should be 'smart professional'. Prepare your 'station' where you will be sitting and taking exam. Try to have plain background so examinators will have an interest in you and not around you. Get your camera is a position when you will have space between your head and top of the screen, and your camera should finish just below your chest. Try to sit straight and look smart.

There are 2 parts of the exam, there is part with motivation questions, and there is part which will test your knowledge. Both of these parts will be doing 2 different people. Male & Female. Both of these parts are pretty easy. In first part you will be asked frequent question which is "What characteristics should have a doctor?" and well the answer is confident, empathetic, respectful, personal, forthright. If you don't know what empathetic means, well look it up because the next question the guy would ask is "What does empathetic mean?" and then you give brief explanation and you are good. Another question he may ask if you live in different country than you were born at is "What is the difference between hospitals in both of these countries". In here you have to research or ask parents.

When the guy will finish he will say that 'Now we move to the second part to test your knowledge' or something along the line. So they will swap sits and the lady will give her full name and bla bla bla. They will ask your about 3 questions each from whatever subjects you have chosen. If you chosen bio and chem study basic staff like components of blood. Plasma, Platelets, Red blood cells, White blood cells. What are they involved in. Both are involved in blood coagulations, and then rbc is for transport and wbc is a part of innate immune system and they engulf bacteria. Another thing to remind yourself is translation and transcription. You have to be able to explain these both processes briefly. If you want me to write what to say just message me. Another thing to remember is function of skin, water. Digestion of food, process. Brief explanation. Circulatory system, how heart collects and pumps blood. You have to know that firstly blood has low level of oxygen then its being sent to lungs (how, what chambers it goes through) and then it comes back from lungs same thing about chambers, and then that its being sent around the body.

Things known about chemistry. Firstly you need to know what is ph, what is atomic number. These 2 come up almost always. You need to know about radioactive decay, what is it. What is isotope, what does it have the same. Also, would recommend knowing basic reactions, like addition, reduction, decomposition.

I think I have explained pretty much everything, so good luck to you all.

canadian_jerzyk
07-28-2014, 08:43 PM
I urge any potential applicants not to be discouraged by the July 15th deadline. If you have any extenuating circumstances in your particular situation, such as having to wait for paperwork from your previous school before you can send it to MUL, by all means apply and explain your situation in detail. In most cases, they will be understanding and schedule you for a Skype interview.

I know this because I was one of the people answering questions during the Open Days hosted by MUL's Dean's Office.

Nilaa
07-16-2015, 05:03 AM
hi
i am having my skype meeting tomorow, and i have never been this freaked out ever, i am soo scared that i will forget everything i know.

i choose physics and bio, and i would be sooo greatfull if you could help me with what kind of questions they can think about asking would appreciate it soo much

Emmanuella
03-30-2016, 11:39 AM
hi
i am having my skype meeting tomorow, and i have never been this freaked out ever, i am soo scared that i will forget everything i know.

i choose physics and bio, and i would be sooo greatfull if you could help me with what kind of questions they can think about asking would appreciate it soo much

hey,
I just wanted to know how it went? its been a year? and how are you finding the uni?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.