PDA

View Full Version : How much time are you taking to study for Step 1 and Step 2 CK?

VMD_Opinionated
07-20-2014, 12:55 PM
I realize everyone has their own way of studying, varying level of knowledge but, about how much time are you taking to study for these exams? Are you able to study while doing clinicals or do you take time off to study 100%?

Thanks for any responses.

Please just ignore any trolls who get on the thread just to put our school down. We know what we really have, we don't need other schools telling us anything just to make us quit!

mjw
07-21-2014, 03:49 AM
I'm currently studying too so I shouldn't give you advice but one thing I learned from all the rotations, studying on my own, and million advises from different people is that don't try to do what other people are doing. Do what works for you. Good luck.

VMD_Opinionated
07-21-2014, 09:16 AM
Thanks mjw, that is good advice, I usually listen to what people tell me and then simply take what works for me and forget the rest, about how much time did you give yourself to study? Are you doing clinicals and studying at the same time or are you just studying. I do think that the most important thing of all while studying is to have a very, very clear goal and a way to measure your goals. Thanks.

mjw
07-21-2014, 03:38 PM
I'm doing rotations while studying. It's hard. Everything's a distraction, even rotations. But that's just my opinion. I know a lot of people who rotated while studying and they did just fine on their steps. So I guess it depends on people. My goal is to take my test by end of this year but I'm not going to rush myself until I feel ready. Personally, I think it's better to take little bit more time than to feel pressured to take the test soon and fail. When is your test? Let me know if you wanna talk about your studying. I know it's hard because I'm right there with ya. Good luck.

VMD_Opinionated
07-21-2014, 11:03 PM
@mjw - thank you for sharing your thoughts on this whole studying thing. It helps, simply by knowing we are in the same boat. I just started studying and like you, will not take the exam until ready, besides, I have to take that NBME and show my knowledge anyways. Not sure how you are studying but I sort of figured out how to do my studying by using MTB and UW at the same time. Good luck to you too.

VMD_Opinionated
07-25-2014, 11:36 PM
Moderator, would you please remove un-related posts. Thank you!

mjw
07-28-2014, 12:10 AM
What's MTB? I'm using FA, pathoma, and UW mostly. Please share if anything really good comes up :)

VMD_Opinionated
07-28-2014, 01:43 AM
What's MTB? I'm using FA, pathoma, and UW mostly. Please share if anything really good comes up :)

@mjw- sorry about that, MTB stands for Master The Boards by Conrad F. Just about everyone I have asked about their studying has told me to get MTB. Those are my two sources MTB and UW. Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing, I am currently studying for Step 2 CK and you?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.