PDA

View Full Version : 6 yr Lodz just had Skype interview!!!!

veedee
07-14-2014, 06:38 AM
Hello !

Has anyone else had the interview for 6 yr or 4 yr? Did you get accepted? Did you know all questions asked?
I have just had my Skype interview I am applying to the 6 year program as I am a high school graduate! :)
I got asked quite a few questions, the interview itself went very very well - I was very confident in this section so I think they were happy with me :D :D

but the science questions were a little tougher for me but I think I knew most of them,
They asked:

Biology
Process of protein synthesis- didn't really know to well mixed it up
Three cell organelles that have double membrane- knew 2/3
Functions of skin
How immune system works- antigens

Chemistry
what is Avogadro law - didn't know got confused with something else and gave them the wrong definition!
what is oxidation/reduction
What functional group is alcohols in
what types of bonds are in proteins/peptide bonds

I was a bit nervous :/ but I am straight from high school not college so hopefully I have a chance

rjkhemlani
07-17-2014, 05:10 AM
Can you please tell me if you got in or not. I would greatly appreciate it.

rjkhemlani
07-17-2014, 05:11 AM
By the way, are you from an American school or European school?

veedee
07-17-2014, 05:18 AM
Yes I am in :D
I am from a european school!
Are you from the US?

rjkhemlani
07-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Hey congratulations!
I am not from the US. I am originally from India but have been living outside since I was 7 and now it is my 5th year in Japan. I study at an international school which runs according to the American system. :)

rjkhemlani
07-17-2014, 06:32 PM
Hey veedee,
When exactly did you have your interview?

veedee
07-17-2014, 06:34 PM
Hey congratulations!
I am not from the US. I am originally from India but have been living outside since I was 7 and now it is my 5th year in Japan. I study at an international school which runs according to the American system. :)

I did something like IB ! Are you doing AP courses? Where are you applying to? Are you doing european applications? I couldn't do 4 yrs under grad and then med school as well, i'm sticking to the 6 years in EU :D
You've moved around a lot then :O

Sorry that was a lot of questions!

veedee
07-17-2014, 06:46 PM
Hey veedee,
When exactly did you have your interview?

Monday 18th of July :) Got offer on Tuesday at 2pm :D

rjkhemlani
07-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Hey thanks for letting me know. No problems. We are all curious here.
Yes I am doing AP courses. We don't get IB here at my school.
The 8-9 year thing according to the North American system will just cost too much and also have me spend 2 extra years.
I really hope I get accepted into Lodz, Lublin, or Poznan. But preferably Lodz.
I am very worried. I heard the system is first come first serve. I don't get my diploma till like late June and then so many people would have applied by then.
Wait, by getting an offer you mean you got accepted? How long did it take? And did you send all your documents at once or you could send them separately?

veedee
07-18-2014, 06:07 AM
Well I got my a conditional offer but I don't get my diploma/results of my final year till august 13th, so I will have to send everything then and once they receive them they send the acceptance letter! I think you send everything all at once.

rjkhemlani
07-20-2014, 11:01 PM
Hey veedee,
I see. Thank you!
So how do you set up an interview? As in do you get to choose when you have an interview or is it decided by them?
Also, what if my results for certain exams and diploma aren't here yet till the interview? You mean to say if I pass the Skype entrance exam, I can send everything else later on?

veedee
07-21-2014, 09:04 AM
Once you submit all documents they invite you for an interview on Skype, you can choose date and time from a list of dates!
You have to get a letter from your school with predicted grades and when you will get the final diploma, this is sent before the interview :)
If you pass the skype interview you have to send health forms, other forms/info and then your final diploma when you receive it, as long as it is before the course starts in October.

rjkhemlani
07-22-2014, 04:37 AM
Hey thank you so much!
By the way, on the website, there is a section about "Preparatory Course", that is not mandatory, right?

canadian_jerzyk
07-23-2014, 10:54 AM
No, the preparatory course is optional. It's designed for those applicants who wish to improve their knowledge of the basic sciences prior to their Skype interview as well as to get a head start in Polish and Anatomy classes. Unless the admissions committee specifically tells each applicant that he/she must enroll in this course based on their application papers, it's not something you need to worry about.

rjkhemlani
07-26-2014, 04:46 AM
Thank you very much!
You don't even know how much you and veedee have helped me. Answering every question and responding to all the minor details. Thank you guys so much! Really appreciate it! If I get accepted next year, I hope I can see you guys at MUL!
By the way, was the Skype interview very hard?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.