PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone studied dentistry/med in Poland and decided to stay in the EU?

nataliemint
06-22-2014, 11:15 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a Canadian who graduated from university a year ago, and am strongly considering doing an English division dental program in Poland. I have dual citizenship, my whole family is Polish and I have visited the country all my life, so it wouldn't be as huge of a culture shock for me as for other American students.

My eventual goal is to stay in Poland/the EU; I by no means want to return to Canada. I was just wondering what previous graduates who were in a similar boat as I am did once they graduated. I also really want to specialize in orthodontics. Would it be possible for me to do that, say, in the UK? What have others done/where are you now?

If at all possible, I'd love to hear from dental students specifically, but I'm also curious to hear as to what med students did after they finished their med program as well as completed their residency in the EU.

Thanks!

G48030
07-02-2014, 04:08 PM
It isn't a problem. You need to write the Polish dental licensing exam which is offered in English. Then you need to do your internship.

Since you have Polish citizenship you can work in any EU country as long as you do the local licensing requirements.

pm if you need more info.

aatu2014
07-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Anybody attending dental school in Lodz Poland 2014??

lillymed123
03-13-2015, 10:03 AM
i was just wondering if people planned to return to Canada to obtain residency after completing medical program in poland, would it be possible?

G48030
03-17-2015, 07:47 PM
i was just wondering if people planned to return to Canada to obtain residency after completing medical program in poland, would it be possible?

Yes it is, but it requires a lot of dedication, and work. There is this misconception that being accepted into medical school automatically makes you a licensed doctor. Medical school is just the first stage of the whole process, and you need to start planning for licensing from day 1. Unfortunately people leave the planning for licensing until last minute which really screws them once they graduate.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.