PDA

View Full Version : how to get out of Semmelweis?

justADD
06-17-2014, 12:00 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if there has been any success with regards to transferring from Semmelweis to Szeged?
Unfortunately I must admit that chemistry has never been my forte.
I failed medical chemistry so I could not continue with biochemistry in second semester. I have been told other Hungarian universities (szeged & debrecen) have biochem in second year so if I transfer hopefully I won't be held back a year elsewhere.

Any advice would be appreciated! Koszi!

P.s. also any suggestions about other universities within the EU which may accept my credits would be welcome too!

CyrusDaGreat
06-17-2014, 09:39 AM
In szeged they have biochemistry in 3rd and 4th semester and if you fail you cant continue to 5th semester
I dont really recommend you to transfer to szeged cause usually students transfer other way around after 2nd year to budapest to not get stock in 3rd year cause even if they accept you to continue... you gonna be in big trouble in 3rd year!!
I dont know about debrecen but i know that they dont have any subject as Pathophysiology in 3rd year which most of student fail and repeat year for it in szeged.

good luck

Tricuspid
07-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Why not just stay in Semmelweis for another year? Isn't it the best school in Hungary and if you transfer it doesn't look very good on your applications to residency if you plan on applying.

zara1200
07-23-2014, 12:28 AM
I don't know about it.

justADD
08-07-2014, 08:52 PM
Thank you all for your replies!
Update:
I got accepted into first year at Szeged and now trying to decide whether I should stay in Semmelweis or transfer.
So many pros and cons for each! Bottom line is wherever I decide to go I'll still be first year, might just have to take a leap of faith and move to Szeged in the hope that they'll exempt me from the subjects that I have taken in Semmelweis :banghead:

Tricuspid
08-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Thank you all for your replies!
Update:
I got accepted into first year at Szeged and now trying to decide whether I should stay in Semmelweis or transfer.
So many pros and cons for each! Bottom line is wherever I decide to go I'll still be first year, might just have to take a leap of faith and move to Szeged in the hope that they'll exempt me from the subjects that I have taken in Semmelweis :banghead:

If wherever you go you'll be in first year stay in Semmelweis. Its such an easy decision. If anyone knows one medical school in Hungary it would be Semmelweis because of the physician's fame. You don't get any benefit from transferring and only negatives like going to a less prestigious institution, having a black mark on your CV. Just work harder at chemistry and take it as a challenge to do better.

justADD
08-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Thanks Tricuspid, that's a really good point! However Szeged was always my first choice and when I got accepted into Semmelweis, I got caught up with failing exams and having to repeat first year due to personal problems. If I stay at Semmelweis, this will essentially be my third go at finishing first year as I only have Biochem left to do, whereas if I go to Szeged and get all my exemptions I'll be in 2nd year (Biochem is taught from 3rd sem onwards in Szeged whereas in Semmelweis it's taught from 2nd).
I just don't want to get to szeged and be told I'll have to start all over again :(

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.