PDA

View Full Version : Chicago rotation

sskoct
06-06-2014, 08:23 AM
I will start core rotation in Chicago. During core rotation, is everyone will be assigned to one doctor and follow the doctor's service? How long can you do rotation in the affiliated hospital during a week?

gogeta2006
06-11-2014, 10:47 AM
I will start core rotation in Chicago. During core rotation, is everyone will be assigned to one doctor and follow the doctor's service? How long can you do rotation in the affiliated hospital during a week?

Hey, I just started my rotations in Chicago as well. I am at student at CMU.
I wanted to try elective one first before doing cores so I chose Ophthalmology at Mercy Hospital. The doctor told me to review Anatomy of the eye before the start. I was really nervous for the first rotation so i reviewed everything about anatomy of the eye!

When i went there, I was early 15 minutes and sat with 4 other fellow students from different schools. The doctor came in shortly and in about 5 minutes in all my nervousness went away. The students were nice, the doctor was exceptionally nice and informative. He went through the anatomy of the eye, problems, and the equipment he uses. We got to use the equipment first hand on patients which were very nice and cooperative. In my first day at rotations it went really really well.

The doctor gave each student assignments to research and present the following day. So to go back to your question, I dont know about a core rotation yet, but I'm sure it won't be more than 5 or 6 students at a time.

Hope this information helps!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.