PDA

View Full Version : An American in the UK

drt24
05-17-2014, 09:44 AM
Hey,

I am an American, and I am going to be finishing my bachelor's degree soon. I am really interested in studying Medicine in the UK to get an MD. Through my research however, I find a lot of the requirements pretty confusing as the systems are not the same. Is there anyone who has had the same experience who can help explain the process?

Cheers

Tricuspid
07-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Well, the way it works is that you need to take the UKCAT for most schools. Some will take the MCAT, others will take GAMSAT while others may even take the BMAT if you are applying for their undergraduate programs.

The requirements are very confusing because each school is different. Try studentroom.co.uk. It has guides for med school apps in the UK and there is a forum there which is very active to help you out. Generally though, the GEM programs are more difficult than the undergrad programs to get in as a grad, due to more competition. Its very important to read every rule for each med school u will be applying to because what is a rule for one med school may not be for another.

KateH
04-10-2019, 07:16 AM
Hi, My sister studies and gets a bachelor's degree. I think more about everything you can find on the official website of the university
I am very interested in the research topic in psychology (https://papercoach.net/blog/cant-decide-on-a-research-topic-try-our-iterative-approach) .

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.