PDA

View Full Version : Transferring to Avalon 5th term. Good/Bad? Loans? Clinicals?

MDOnly
05-15-2014, 06:04 PM
Hey guys. was looking into transferring to avalon. I finished my basic sciences and was looking to take my step and start with avalon. Any suggestions? How is the clinical experience? Loan Programs? Any core rotations in Chicago? Any info will help. thanks

wayneguy
05-31-2014, 11:52 AM
There is a loan program. And there are core rotations in Chicago.
There is a Facebook group called Clinical Rotations at Avalon (or something along those lines).
You will probably get a better answer there about clinicals.

MDOnly
06-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Thanks wayneguy, do you know if their loan program covers the entire tuition and cost for attending or only part of the amount?

wayneguy
06-01-2014, 06:45 PM
Hey.

The loan covers all the tuition (I believe including the malpractice insurance etc). But nothing over that amount. You can't max out and help pay for living costs or anything like that.

There is some information about it on the website avalonu.org. But you would be better off speaking on the phone with the Ohio office. Ask to speak with Tiffany. She will give the most helpful information about any loan information.
It's also contingent upon passing Step 1, and what score you get. Combined with your credit score and all that.

MDOnly
06-01-2014, 06:48 PM
awesome man. thanks for the quick response. are u a student here? what do u think bout the clinicals and ur future with avalon?

oddjob
08-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Hey guys, I'm also planning to transfer into Avalon and take the Step 1 exam, I wanted to ask if any of you would know if I would have to repeat semester 5 or does Avalon directly sponsor transfer students for the step 1 exam.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.