PDA

View Full Version : Help choosing, Szeged or Semmelweis!

MarcRho7
05-10-2014, 08:46 PM
So i was just accepted to both of these universities and it would be awesome if someone could enlighten me some more about each of them. I went to both of them already and they have their positive and negative connotations but i would just like to know of some first hand experience from anyone attending either of them, such as:

Attrition Rate

Coursework

Student life

Professors

University status (Ranking, if it even matters)

Opportunities in the future
(Jobwise and if anyone knows if people can go to the U.S. to practice there, even though i know it is highly unlikely due to the IMG cut they are planning to do in the next years) I am also not a E.U. citizen so it would be great to hear from someone on this regard.

I hope i can hear from anyone soon, since i have to make a decision in about 10 days. It seems these forums are kind of dead (just my impression) but either way thank you for helping out. All the best wishes to everyone pursuing medical studies. Best regards. ;)

gonnabeagooddoc2012
05-13-2014, 08:21 AM
Hey there, I have also been accepted to Semmelweis. Everyone I speak to says that it is the best university in Hungary. Now in order to make such a statement I do not have the ranking list to back me up. I just spoke with a student who was from Ireland who went to Semmelweis and personally told me that it was the best years of his life and Budapest is by far the nicest city of them all. I am also planning on visiting Semmerlweis (next week or so). When I do I will let you know if I find out any more information pertaining to your questions.

Professors - suppose to be very good - based on the student who is from Ireland and just graduated from the program
Student life excellent - although he said it is getting a little more expensive
Coursework - not easy, you are expected to act like professionals and engage in self study as well as classroom study. This is a no brainer though. He said those that applied themselves and wanted to be there made it through the program and those that did not left. Again I am sure that is the case with all the programs.

I am from Canada and actually was wondering if you may have come across information about their clinicals and where they are offered in the world/school affiliations. I know they have clinical with the New York school but I was wondering about any others? If you had information on that or knew where I could find it I would really appreciate it. On their English website under downloads they have at the very bottom affiliated hospitals and there are about 100 around the world, I wonder how up to date and accurate this is. Anyways hope I could help. I will be in touch, maybe see you on campus :)

CyrusDaGreat
06-15-2014, 10:28 AM
university of szeged is disaster

JRN
06-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Hi Guys,

I am also a Canadian student that has been accepted for medicine at Semmelweis. I would like to add onto gonnabeagooddoc2012's questions by further asking if anyone has information regarding Semmelweis' USLME or MCCEE preparation aid and subsequent success rates (if they offer any aid).

Thanks!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.