PDA

View Full Version : Student Loans USA Changes

thxleave
04-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Saw this on reddit:
ED Further Clarifies 2015 Budget Proposals (Combined Incomes, PSLF Caps, PAYE Terms) | Educated Risk (http://educatedrisk.org/analysis/ed-further-clarifies-2015-budget-proposals-combined-incomes-pslf-caps-paye-terms)

Pretty interesting. So if you start in August 2015 in one of the Top *4 for with US loans through government, the student loan repayment plans are not going to be as generous.

People before then grandfather into repayment plans.

Craigslist
04-18-2014, 01:25 AM
Now that's how you write an article, not like Bloomberg's misguided and unreliably sourced articles.

thxleave
04-18-2014, 03:05 AM
Now that's how you write an article, not like Bloomberg's misguided and unreliably sourced articles.

you talking about JL.... the one that posts a new article about Caribbean medical schools almost quarterly; i don't know... it's easy for me to dislike her articles due to my bias nature (as I am a student of SGU) her articles though does seem heavily slanted.

her past articles are all about student loan debt (which is understandable as she has won an award based on her series on student loan indenturing), and favors Ivy league schools. so I guess Caribbean medical schools will be one of her favorite topic to write on. (high student loans, and exact opposite of Ivy league)

I do like how she has a nice little quote at the end of each of her Caribbean medical school articles from a alumni, ex-student, and so on that didn't match or graduate with lines of "I owe tons of debt and no way of repaying it." It does strike a strong note. As a writer I approve of the style, not the content.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.