PDA

View Full Version : What's the "easiest" selective course you've done?

texasholdems
04-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Looking at 30+ selectives offered throughout the term.
I know things will get even more complex once term 3 + 4 + 5 hits
After talking to advisor, I was told that all students participate in at least 1 selective during their stay here on campus

1. When do students usually take the selective? Which term?

2. What is "easiest" or less stressful selective offered?

thanks!

thxleave
04-11-2014, 10:42 AM
After talking to advisor, I was told that all students participate in at least 1 selective during their stay here on campus

thanks!

i didn't did a selective, nor any of my friends/roomies

i know about 3-4 people that did selectives, because they find the topics REALLY fascinating, not because they were told that all students participated in it

lonepair
04-11-2014, 08:13 PM

thanks!

There are selectives that you can do during summer and winter breaks. There are also selectives you can do during the terms. Some selectives have requirements that run over the course of 1-2 terms so you have more time to fulfill the requirements. Some selectives are only available depending on if you're in the Jan or Aug class. For example, August starting class can't do the Prague selective because it's only in the summer and it conflicts with their Term 3/4 start dates.

If you go into Sakai, you can see a 2013-2014-2015 etc Basic Science selectives tab that is a joinable site. You can find more info there regarding what is available and when.

I've done the Forensic Medicine selective (which is only over a weekend). Got to meet awesome people, learn some interesting things, and they had free lunches! I was thinking of doing a summer selective but can't decide on Thailand, India, or Prague. I've heard great things about all three.

ThatVietGuy
04-11-2014, 08:48 PM
Medical Spanish was interesting and somewhat useful.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.