View Full Version : Unibe Financial?

04-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Hello all, I will be studying in UNIBE and i will start in September, they were a slightly change on my plans since my fiance and i were going to the same school but she start now in may and i in September, we were kind of be sharing the monthly bills but all of that has change since i now have to pay for everything because i will be on my own. I know that the 1-2 years of pre-med they only give about 5,500 in FAFSA loan, and the other part i'm suppose to pay for it. I know there's others loans to help me but can i apply for all of the loans in other to only pay for the apartment, food and that monthly bills. i just want to get as much money as i can since my family can afford to pay 6k a year. Any information will be highly appreciated.

thanks J.M.

04-13-2014, 08:46 PM
I believe you can take out loans through Sallie Mae to cover your academic and personal expenses. Good luck! I'm interested in enrolling in the pre med program as well, so please keep me abreast of the application process and how its going for you.


07-08-2014, 06:40 PM
I strongly recommend looking into other programs. Please see the post "Unibe Medical Program" towards the top of the forum.

To answer your financial aid question:

The pre-med program is NOW $9,000 per semester (ridiculous). There are 3 semesters per year and pre-med is 4 semesters total.
So whatever the sub/unsub doesn't cover you will have to pay out of pocket.
-Don't forget you have ridiculous fees like enrollment or registration that is close to $500 your first semester, plus a lot of other expenses like student visa, migration fee (around $250), and transcript legalizations ($250 per transcript), amongst other things and living expenses. You have to renew the student visa every year and such.

The only other loan that you can get is a private loan through Sallie Mae or whichever institution that is willing to give you one (basically only Sallie Mae, and even then Sallie Mae will reject almost all loans for this school unless you have a very nicely qualified cosigner) or if you have a parent that is willing to take that responsibility you can try for a parent plus loan (private, credit based, under your parent's name).

When you get into basic sciences, 5th semester +, then you can apply for the GradPlus to cover whatever you need and some living expenses. This is not guaranteed like sub/unsub federal loans, but is credit based. Most people don't have a problem getting it, but it's not guaranteed either.

Hope it helps.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.