PDA

View Full Version : Medical Schools in Italy in English

chb
01-31-2014, 09:58 PM
Anybody know anything about schools in Italy that teach in English? They're really cheap which is a huge plus.

chb
01-31-2014, 09:59 PM
I meant the public ones, there's a private one that aint cheap.

Eternity Flame
02-04-2014, 06:32 AM
I once heard about a medical school in Italy , but i cant remember the name . Though that school teach in English you gotta pass an Italy language examination

forcheta
02-06-2014, 02:41 PM
University of Pavia offers such programm for sure.

the_red_devil
04-16-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm studying at the university of Pavia in Italy and there are several other cities that are offering courses in English now. Milan has two schools, as does Rome, Napoli and Bari have one each. The education is up to the Western European standards, the tuition fees are almost nothing compared to the Eastern European schools' rip offs and the quality of life is pretty great. Not to mention, studying medicine in Italy sounds so much cooler than studying medicine in, say, Romania or Bulgaria.

forcheta
04-17-2014, 04:50 PM
The education is up to the Western European standards, the tuition fees are almost nothing compared to the Eastern European schools' rip offs and the quality of life is pretty great.

Just to clarify a few things, how much do you pay per year there?

luca1229
04-19-2014, 05:48 PM
I strongly recommend you to avoid studying medicine in Italy.

The Medical Schools that offer courses taught in English are almost all newly-founded, and the preparation they offer is pretty poor compared to the courses taught in Italian.
On the other hand, getting into an Italian medical school is almost impossible nowadays, since almost 80.000 people try to gain the admission every year, and the places available in the whole country are less than 9.000 for the courses taught in Italian, and about 160 for the ones taught in English. Out of these 160, only 77 are reserved for EU citizens.
Beyond that, you will have to take a ridiculous entrance exam, which is almost impossible to pass (since many people usually cheat while taking the test, etc).

Here is why I would not recommend you to study here in Italy: generally talking, the universities in this country have completely lost the importance they had in the past, and the preparation they offer nowadays is absolutely poor!

ultsyn
05-20-2014, 09:31 AM
I strongly recommend you to avoid studying medicine in Italy.

The Medical Schools that offer courses taught in English are almost all newly-founded, and the preparation they offer is pretty poor compared to the courses taught in Italian.
On the other hand, getting into an Italian medical school is almost impossible nowadays, since almost 80.000 people try to gain the admission every year, and the places available in the whole country are less than 9.000 for the courses taught in Italian, and about 160 for the ones taught in English. Out of these 160, only 77 are reserved for EU citizens.
Beyond that, you will have to take a ridiculous entrance exam, which is almost impossible to pass (since many people usually cheat while taking the test, etc).

Here is why I would not recommend you to study here in Italy: generally talking, the universities in this country have completely lost the importance they had in the past, and the preparation they offer nowadays is absolutely poor!

Year 2013 - Admission for English Medicine course in Italy - 5000 Applicants
Year 2014 - "" - 4900 Applicants - 186 EU Places

27/60 questions of the admission test is based on problem solving skills.
33/60 is Knoledge of Bio (15), Chem(10), Maths and Physics (8)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.