PDA

View Full Version : requirements for starting residency in Germany for Pakistani graduate?

ahsanzaka
01-24-2014, 08:41 AM
Hi everyone,
I am Dr. Ahsan Zaka from Pakistan. I did my graduation in 2012 from Pakistan and now I am working as a Medical Officer in Maldives. I want to do my specialization training from Germany. Can any one please guide me about the requirements and the procedure.
Language requirements.
Is there any licensing exam?
preparation for exam.
what to do after exam???
any help would be appreciated..
have a nice day.

devildoc8404
01-24-2014, 03:26 PM
There is a lot of information about this already on VMD, just use the search function and you will get enough information to read until your eyes glaze over.

Briefly, you need at least B2-level German skills, and some hospitals are now requiring C1. The better you speak it, and the better your credentials, the better your chances of getting a job.
Licensing exam will depend on the Bundesland and hospital, as will the chances of getting a job as a foreigner. In general, East and North are more likely to have positions than South and West.
Best option is to get to B2 and then contact a German medical recruiter, they will have all the details for the areas in which they place candidates.

Good luck...

ahsanzaka
01-25-2014, 02:10 AM
There is a lot of information about this already on VMD, just use the search function and you will get enough information to read until your eyes glaze over.

Briefly, you need at least B2-level German skills, and some hospitals are now requiring C1. The better you speak it, and the better your credentials, the better your chances of getting a job.
Licensing exam will depend on the Bundesland and hospital, as will the chances of getting a job as a foreigner. In general, East and North are more likely to have positions than South and West.
Best option is to get to B2 and then contact a German medical recruiter, they will have all the details for the areas in which they place candidates.

Good luck...

thanks alot :)
can you tell me about any good recruiter??

devildoc8404
01-25-2014, 07:09 AM
I know of a few, and they are keeping pretty busy. I have been specifically asked not to recommend anyone to them unless I can personally vouch for the person's language and clinical skills... which I would not do anyway. (Disclaimer: Just to be completely clear, I do not work for any recruiter.)

However, if you want to find a list, you might check out Careers in White (http://www.careersinwhite.com) - they run recruitment fairs throughout Europe for medical positions.

Regardless, do NOT contact a recruiter until you are speaking B2 German, or they will quite rightly view you as a waste of their time.

Good luck...

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.