PDA

View Full Version : What to bring

med92x
12-11-2013, 03:36 AM
I am starting Avalon this January (2014) and was looking to find a list of things that we should bring. Besides the necessities, what would students that are currently attending suggest?

I think it'll be helpful for all incoming students to have something to refer to as you all probably faced the same experience as us in regards to what to bring. I tried looking for something similar in the forums but couldn't come across anything specific.

Anything would help

Thanks

wayneguy
12-18-2013, 02:45 PM
I am starting Avalon this January (2014) and was looking to find a list of things that we should bring. Besides the necessities, what would students that are currently attending suggest?

I think it'll be helpful for all incoming students to have something to refer to as you all probably faced the same experience as us in regards to what to bring. I tried looking for something similar in the forums but couldn't come across anything specific.

Anything would help

Thanks

Where are you living?

Bring a couple pairs of dress clothes. You will dress up for your White Coat ceremony at the beginning of the semester. You will dress up for a few presentations during the semester. And if you choose to, you will dress up for the MD4 Farewell at the end of the semester.
The island is pretty developed, so you can pretty much find anything you will really need, at any of the stores. I was concerned with showering stuff, so I packed a bunch of my own, but the store has it all. It's a little bit more expensive however, but nothing ridiculous. Better than risking your shampoo getting all over your clothes.

I would speak to whoever your mentor is about books. I spent a lot of money to bring books down. Some classes you may not necessarily need your textbook. Furthermore, many students on the island will sell their books. It's cheaper and more convenient.

Good luck

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.