PDA

View Full Version : Need Roommate in Chicago

gre
11-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Hey everyone,

Just finished my Step 1, and will be starting rotations in Chicago soon (~1 month). If anyone is interested in rooming in a 2+ bedroom place, please msg.

Thanks!

sahens
11-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Can you give more info like location, price.

gre
12-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Looks like I'll be starting around January/February due to an admin delay. Still looking for a roommate for clinicals!

gre
12-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Can you give more info like location, price.

sahens I sent you a pm a while back - but I don't think it went through. I'm flexible on location, but I prefer some place around the medical district. I'm trying to save as much money as I can - so ideal price range is around $600 per person.

medstudent1982
12-09-2013, 11:06 AM
Hello,

I am starting my core rotations in mid-January. My first rotation is FM at St. Bernard Hospital with Dr. M. I am going through AIME clinical coordinators.

I have also been searching for roomates and places to stay. I hear that places near Lake Shore Drive are safe. I don't plan on bringing a car...atleast during my first rotation. I will rely on public transportation. Common places students are living are: Edgewater, Rogers Park, Prairie Shores, Hyde Park...to name a few.

I think living with 2-3 students is cheaper compared to living by yourself. Yes..I have seen apartments on Craigslist for a 1BR studio between 600-700, but if you live with others, you'll have good company, share expenses, etc.

Since I am starting on Jan 13, I am hoping to be settled in around early January.

Looking fwd to your reply.

gre
12-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Hi Medstudent1982,

Good to find another student starting clinicals. I thought I would've started rotations by now, but apparently the school had some trouble with the clinical coordinators. I'm waiting on some paperwork to be sent, and need to double check my immunizations. I might even be starting around the same time as you. I prefer living with two other students - that'll be most economical. Do you know anyone else looking for a roommate for early 2014?

Also, thanks for the neighborhood info, I will start searching. I don't have a car either right now.

medstudent1982
12-10-2013, 08:08 PM
Hey man,

I was in the same boat as you as well regarding clinical coordinators. Just before I was about to send my applications to MHC, I find out on Facebook that MHC is no longer working with Windsor. MHC does have my letter of good standing tho. I then requested B to send my letter to AIME and they sent me their one page application..no where as informative and detailed as MHC's. Both coordinators have my letters but I haven't mailed in my application nor paid them. I'm in Detroit so they would get my stuff in few days. I did get all my immunizations done just a month back. That would be great if we started around the same time, doesnt matter if its the same hospital or not. I hear that public transportation is safe so i'll see how that goes for my first rotation. I have seen on craigslist that you're getting more for the money if you live with 2-3 ppl. I met a student in the Facebook clinical page. His name is ******. Him and I have been messaging each other at times b/c he was having issues with his letter of good standing being sent out.

I honestly don't mind living with 2 other ppl. As I said before, places near Lake Shore Drive tend to be safe. Along with the places I mentioned above, Lincoln Park is another place to stay. In terms of medical district, I hear that is a bit pricey but I haven't done much searching in that area.

In terms of ******, I will message him and tell him about this thread and see what he feels. If you feel you know anyone, please spread the info as well. I'm hoping to be moved by 2nd week January.

In regards to my other thread about FM at St. Bernard, I will also contact MHC tomorrow and see what rotation they can set me up first. If that is greenbook, then I'll call AIME and tell them to cancel my FM rotation. Being an FMG, I'll need such rotations like IM and FM to be greenbook.
Also, thanks for the neighborhood info, I will start searching. I don't have a car either right now.

Robin Wermuth
12-11-2013, 08:18 PM
I have two bedrooms for rent in my house in Jefferson Park. Located on the "el" Blue Line to the UIC Medical District (UIC, Stroger, Rush) and situated near Lutheran General, Swedish Covenant, Resurrection Medical Centers (Addison and Talcott locations) hospitals. The major cross streets are Foster / Central, which is near O'Hare, and also very easy access to 90/94.

$600/month for each room. One half month security deposit required. Month-to-month lease, shared bathroom with shower, three living areas, shared kitchen, and 6 pound dog on premises (not allowed in the bedroom area of my house.) Utilities, internet, and laundry included!! Easy street parking :)

I already have one physician roommate, so why not make it a few? My house is located in a quiet neighborhood, and we really have a peaceful, fun, casual home environment. Must be racially/ethnically/religiously tolerant. Non-smoking residence.

If you're interested, please call or text me at 312.882.6644. Thank you!! :)

thomasnielsen
03-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Looking for a place on march 31,2014

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.