PDA

View Full Version : Application for a Master's degree in UK

Michael95
09-20-2013, 07:12 AM
In your opinion, can I apply for a Master's degree in UK or Australia with a medical degree from the Cluj-napoca university (UMF)?? I mean if I have a good average obviously

Tricuspid
09-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Of course you can.

Michael95
10-03-2013, 06:42 AM
Even if my degree is from the medical course taught in English? I know that these courses aren't recognized by the MBC and i'm wondering if this can cause problems in UK too.

Tricuspid
10-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Are you talking about residency (post-graduate medical training?) If so you need to be an EU citizen graduating from an EU medical school even if the course was taught in English its ok.

If you are actually talking about a masters degree (MSc, MA) then yes you can apply for that.

cools
10-04-2013, 04:16 AM
What do you mean by MBC? For UK all you need to ensure is that your university is not in the disapproved list of GMC. ( General medical council) which will give you license to practice as a doctor in UK once you graduate and apply and meet their criteria.

Michael95
10-06-2013, 06:58 AM
With MBC i mean Medical Board of California

devildoc8404
10-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Why would the United Kingdom give a fat ratīs rear what California has to say about anything? While there are a number of other US states that follow the California approval list, these sorts of things tend not to be international in scope. As noted above, the GMC is the defining entity for approval in the UK.

A far more important question is whether or not one can get hired in the UK as a doctor... even with an EU or UK diploma (such as one from Cluj). If you do not have EU/UK citizenship (and are not married to someone with it), you are very unlikely to be able to get hired, because you will be considered ineligible for a work permit/visa. The hospital would have to prove that there is no other EU/UK applicant who could do the job, and that is a pretty tough row to hoe. (Even foreigners who studied medicine in the UK have been sent packing!)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.