PDA

View Full Version : What scores do we need ?

Summer2013
09-09-2013, 08:48 PM
I am looking for the admission for my daughter. In order to apply for SABA what is the required GPA and MCAT scores? How many semesters ahead of time do we need to apply for the admission?

palipride
09-10-2013, 10:11 AM
It depends, if Canadian and she doesn't have an 'C' grades or lower in the science requirement courses then she doesn't need the MCAT. American on the other hand need it. GPA I would say a 3.2 will get her in. And for application, they have Fall, Winter, Summer submissions, so theoretically you could apply in Winter for Summer admission.

Summer2013
09-10-2013, 11:48 AM
It depends, if Canadian and she doesn't have an 'C' grades or lower in the science requirement courses then she doesn't need the MCAT. American on the other hand need it. GPA I would say a 3.2 will get her in. And for application, they have Fall, Winter, Summer submissions, so theoretically you could apply in Winter for Summer admission.

Thank you very much for the information. My daughter is a US Citizen and senior in the college now. She is taking the organic chemistry in the school now and hoping to take the MCAT in January. Depending on how she does with the test preparation she might end up taking the MCAT during the spring of 2014. That will be too late to apply for US admission. I want to see if she can complete here school in US some time in May 2013 and start at SABA during the Summer 2014 or Fall 2014 so she does not waste one year. She got GPA of 3.5 so far but it might drop since she is taking advanced courses like Organic Chemistry, Genetics, Cell Biology. I want her to keep all the options open so she can choose which ever path she likes to choose. The other option she is looking at is to do MS in Medical Sciences in which most medical courses such as Anatomy, Physiology, Histology and other courses are taught. Not sure if it is a good idea to study these courses before she joins the med school so she can reinforce the subject material ahead of time. I like the SABA due to its low tuition fees among the top 4 carib schools and 50 state recognition and more than all being eligible for federal student loans and funding.

jmse7en
09-10-2013, 12:50 PM
If she scores in the 23-26 Mcat range she should be in. Anything higher, and she should try US schools.

payme2
09-25-2013, 05:47 PM
She has a decent GPA. With a 25+ mcat, she should apply to DO school before coming to Caribbean school even if it'll take longer to get admitted. I would have done the same if possible, but my GPA was beyond repair.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.