PDA

View Full Version : Facts please

maverick3934
08-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Can someone who has been to IUHS give me the truth about what issues I can expect for getting a residency and licensure. Please do not state any of that hogwash that you won't get licensed anywhere etc...

I've personally found 14 states that have licensed IUHS graduates from my own research. I would however like more information and hopefully from previous graduates or people in residency.

Please refrain from negative speak as there has been enough on this board from "couch-surfers".

Thank you

Amber4479
09-14-2013, 08:30 AM
I am a mom with a small child. I am planning to attend IUHS, due to the fact that I have to continue to work while I am in med school the first two years. I have read many post from the time when we were on the old site (54 something or another site...can't remember the name). I have researched and been a constant reader of as many post for many years (I am showing my age now).

The bottom line is there are both negative and postive posts about every school on this site which all may be true. It comes down to how bad do you want to be a doctor. There will be challenges and obstacles to face. It will not be easy. There may be only a few states that will license you. A few is better than none. Its an opportunity.

So while you still have blood coursing through your veins and "time" has not made a decision for you, go to medical school. Follow your heart. Sign the checks, finds the loans, etc., or however you may pay. It's your life. Let no one stop you from following the path you want to take. Mine is IUHS.

I am not a student or an administrator for this school. I am a future doctor.

cgsangel
09-19-2013, 05:56 PM
I intend to start and I will like to know where I can find the states we can practice?

cgsangel
09-19-2013, 05:59 PM
can we communicate? I will start soon too.

apriscilla
09-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Me too. I would like the same information if you do not mind.
Thanks

apriscilla
09-29-2014, 08:39 PM
I am fired up!

apriscilla
09-29-2014, 08:40 PM
cgsangel,
Have you started school as yet?

lawyerdoc2b
10-02-2014, 12:07 PM
For all of you who want questions answered, information, I try to answer as best as I can in public on posts but send me a private message. I don't have time to read public posts every day. Whe nyou send a message I get an e-mail from ValueMD telling me to read your message. If, in your message you give me contact information I'll send you an e-mail or call you as you would like. I will provide you with my e-mail address and my phone number. I am a student and not an administrator of IUHS. I'm happy to help.

lawyerdoc2b
10-02-2014, 12:24 PM
I intend to start and I will like to know where I can find the states we can practice?

cgsangel,

I will send an e-mail to school administration and ask specifically your question and update the post. Purely off the top of my head, GA, FL, SC, VA, KY have licensed IUHS graduates. TN has licensed one IUHS graduate that I know of but he attened IUHS on the island and thus distance learning was not an issue for him.

lawyerdoc2b
10-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Can someone who has been to IUHS give me the truth about what issues I can expect for getting a residency and licensure. Please do not state any of that hogwash that you won't get licensed anywhere etc...

I've personally found 14 states that have licensed IUHS graduates from my own research. I would however like more information and hopefully from previous graduates or people in residency.

Please refrain from negative speak as there has been enough on this board from "couch-surfers".

Thank you

The school website has been recently updated and I have copied this information from the school:

"U.S. states where IUHS graduates have licensure. To date, IUHS graduates have obtained
licensure in Alabama, Arizona, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois,
Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina,
Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and West
Virginia as well as Canada, Australia, England, India, Israel and South Africa. IUHS expects to
continually add more states to this list as our graduates apply for licensure."

Lumc621
11-09-2014, 02:10 AM
I would really like to attend as well... Perhaps I am wrong but those that are practicing attended the actual campus in St. Kitts that no longer exists. I want to hear from a graduate that has completed the entire distance format, completed residency and has a license to practice.

DRRK
11-24-2014, 05:43 PM
For all of you who want questions answered, information, I try to answer as best as I can in public on posts but send me a private message. I don't have time to read public posts every day. Whe nyou send a message I get an e-mail from ValueMD telling me to read your message. If, in your message you give me contact information I'll send you an e-mail or call you as you would like. I will provide you with my e-mail address and my phone number. I am a student and not an administrator of IUHS. I'm happy to help.

lawyerdoc2b, can we please communicate privately? I've got few questions you seem like the right fit to address them :-)
It's ecg4pets at googles designated email service... lol
Thank you kindly, Roey.

lawyerdoc2b
11-24-2014, 07:12 PM
lawyerdoc2b, can we please communicate privately? I've got few questions you seem like the right fit to address them :-)
It's ecg4pets at googles designated email service... lol
Thank you kindly, Roey.

Sure can. I responded to your private message.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.