PDA

View Full Version : Riga, Latvia

mamsik
07-29-2013, 04:59 AM
Hello everyone!

Does any of you here is going to apply to Riga Stradins University? It has a great 6-year English program and the tuition is not high (compared to Hungary, Romania...)

Also, if any of you would like to apply to the upcoming winter semester (starts January), I've got an offer about apartment in special price.

If any of you want to apply, please let me know. (don't forget renting an apartment is cheaper when sharing.. :) )

Thanks! :)

Crbon
07-29-2013, 11:16 AM
One can find a place in Riga from $200 per month and up. If you're ok with somewhat simple dorms then perhaps $60 will suffice. Really depends on what are you looking for.. Don't rush with signing lengthy contracts as "special price" might end up being something really special :)
Best thing - get here, stay in a hotel for a week and see everything in person.

gobonkers
09-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Hi all,
I am interested in family medicine residency in Riga
Anyone at all currently in training?
Can one truly work anywhere else in Europe?
Thanks!
GB

Crbon
09-06-2013, 01:19 AM
The first question is - do you speak the local language? Only then it makes sense applying for a position.

Anastāsia-Anesthesia
09-17-2013, 02:45 PM
the tuition is not high (compared to Hungary, Romania...)

Hungarian schools have the same tuition fee, but Romania is much cheaper. Frankly speaking, RSU doesn't deserve such money.

Buba
09-17-2013, 03:24 PM
I would really like to apply, but I'm from Brazil, and it's hard to get there

Buba
09-17-2013, 03:26 PM
I think this program, from University of Latvia, is in english

Crbon
09-18-2013, 03:51 AM
There are two programs - one in Latvian and the other one in English for international students.
We've got one student from Brazil here. She's been here for just a few years and speaks Latvian fluently now. As a result - she's in Latvian cohort and her tuition fees are zero.
Those, who are in English cohort, will have to learn Latvian anyway - to get through clinical years. So, do the math..

Buba
09-23-2013, 03:55 PM
hmm, that's nice to learn the language and then stop paying. I'm very interested on Charles University med school, for international students...I'm studying Russian and I think it is pretty similar to czech, so I'm wondering how could I enter in Charles University. I saw that I could do SAT test but I'm also wondering how difficult it is to get done there.

Buba
09-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Because for me it is easier the Charles Uni. I read that to get there in University of Latvia you need to have all grades above 6.
I don't have it.Furthermore the latvian university is a lot more expensive than I was wondering to pay.

Crbon
09-23-2013, 04:23 PM
hmm, that's nice to learn the language and then stop paying. I'm very interested on Charles University med school, for international students...I'm studying Russian and I think it is pretty similar to czech, so I'm wondering how could I enter in Charles University. I saw that I could do SAT test but I'm also wondering how difficult it is to get done there.

Russian and Czech - maybe 10% of words will have some very distant phonetic similarity. I'm fluent in Russian and that didn't help at all in Prague. I guess they aren't that fond of russkies anyway since their last visit in late 60's..

Dr Lalalove
12-24-2013, 05:23 PM
@ Anastasia - I agree!! Still havent figured out why they charge so highly!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.