PDA

View Full Version : Seats available!!

nicer
07-20-2013, 01:19 AM
Does anyone know the number of seats that are available in the 4-year medical program at Lodz uni?

canadian_jerzyk
07-20-2013, 09:35 AM
There is no fixed number of seats for any of the programs. The school recognizes that not everyone who is accepted this year will actually show up for orientation. Some people naturally choose other schools or pursuits, while some opt to defer the start of their studies to subsequent years. So don't worry! The school will consider each applicant equally carefully no matter how late in the application timeframe you apply and have your Skype interview.

What I can tell you for a fact is that, starting from my year (2010), there were 20 students on the list of the 1st year 4-MD class, of which only 16 showed up each year. By the end of your 2nd year, some people will have withdrawn from their studies, transferred to another school, or been held back.

The current number of 4-MD students is as follows:
2nd year - 12
3rd year - 11
4th year - 14

Just get your paperwork in as soon as you can and be confident in your Skype interview and you'll do fine! :)

nicer
07-21-2013, 06:39 AM
There is no fixed number of seats for any of the programs. The school recognizes that not everyone who is accepted this year will actually show up for orientation. Some people naturally choose other schools or pursuits, while some opt to defer the start of their studies to subsequent years. So don't worry! The school will consider each applicant equally carefully no matter how late in the application timeframe you apply and have your Skype interview.

What I can tell you for a fact is that, starting from my year (2010), there were 20 students on the list of the 1st year 4-MD class, of which only 16 showed up each year. By the end of your 2nd year, some people will have withdrawn from their studies, transferred to another school, or been held back.

The current number of 4-MD students is as follows:
2nd year - 12
3rd year - 11
4th year - 14

Just get your paperwork in as soon as you can and be confident in your Skype interview and you'll do fine! :)
---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you canadian_jerzyk for your reply, I really appreciate it. I applied to Lodz last week and I'm still waiting for their reply.
I've never been to Poland and I would like to know whether Lodz is a safe place to live in. There is a comment from a student on this forum about the medical university of Silesia saying that there are frequent police raids on dorms and some teachers take bribes! I was really shocked after reading his/her comment, does that happen at Lodz university? Are dorms safe to live in? is there something that I should be aware of before going to Lodz? Regards

canadian_jerzyk
07-21-2013, 09:20 AM
Lodz is a very safe place. The main cause of violence that happens involves people who get into altercations with the local soccer fans whenever the local team has a home game. There is virtually zero gun-related violence in Lodz!

The dorms have never been raided by any authorities as long as I've been a student here. No teachers that I know of have either asked for, accepted, been caught, or punished for taking a bribe, either for the sake of grades or in providing free medical services to students. Speaking of which, make sure you buy health insurance before coming here ;) The dorms are very safe to live in. With the exception of the occasional incident of petty theft, you can rest easily at night without fear of any sort of trouble. Of course do remember to lock your door :)

seekingMD
07-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Lodz is a very safe place. The main cause of violence that happens involves people who get into altercations with the local soccer fans whenever the local team has a home game. There is virtually zero gun-related violence in Lodz!

The dorms have never been raided by any authorities as long as I've been a student here. No teachers that I know of have either asked for, accepted, been caught, or punished for taking a bribe, either for the sake of grades or in providing free medical services to students. Speaking of which, make sure you buy health insurance before coming here ;) The dorms are very safe to live in. With the exception of the occasional incident of petty theft, you can rest easily at night without fear of any sort of trouble. Of course do remember to lock your door :)

Hi there,
I have been accepted into the 4-yr MD program in Lodz and i can't make up my mind on whether to come in Sept, 2013 or not, i learn that Lodz lost her federal financial aid? and i also know that Salle Mae has not giving a guarantee of loan availability to US citizen next year, and that Lodz is not CMB certified, i am so worried about coming and getting stuck and worrying about where to get the fund to pay for next year, do you know if Lodz is in the process or has applied for CMB certification? also how are the students doing on USMLE?

Thank you.

AMADOR
07-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Hi there,
I have been accepted into the 4-yr MD program in Lodz and i can't make up my mind on whether to come in Sept, 2013 or not, i learn that Lodz lost her federal financial aid? and i also know that Salle Mae has not giving a guarantee of loan availability to US citizen next year, and that Lodz is not CMB certified, i am so worried about coming and getting stuck and worrying about where to get the fund to pay for next year, do you know if Lodz is in the process or has applied for CMB certification? also how are the students doing on USMLE?

Thank you.

Hey there,
I'm from Puerto Rico and I was accepted as well, and I have the same concerns....

seekingMD
07-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Hey there,
I'm from Puerto Rico and I was accepted as well, and I have the same concerns....

Hi,
It's just to hard to make that decision as one does not want to make a big mistake about attending and not have money to pay for next year, as i would solely depend on loans to attend, and i also thought about transferring after a year to Jagiellionia University and i did contact them and i was told that transferring may not be possible next year as there would be no spot for transfer student, also i know that medical university of Warsaw has no US aid and Salle Mae does not work it them as i did called Salle Mae, and of course Lublin and Sillesia is through Hope medical institute which is a big fraud, so one is left with little options.

AMADOR
07-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Hi,
It's just to hard to make that decision as one does not want to make a big mistake about attending and not have money to pay for next year, as i would solely depend on loans to attend, and i also thought about transferring after a year to Jagiellionia University and i did contact them and i was told that transferring may not be possible next year as there would be no spot for transfer student, also i know that medical university of Warsaw has no US aid and Salle Mae does not work it them as i did called Salle Mae, and of course Lublin and Sillesia is through Hope medical institute which is a big fraud, so one is left with little options.

Yeah....I'm going to contact MUL to see what our chances really are, cause, it's too freaking far, it would be a waist of time and money, to get stuck in mile number 1. You have facebook or something?, so we could contact each other?

seekingMD
07-24-2013, 09:11 PM
Yeah....I'm going to contact MUL to see what our chances really are, cause, it's too freaking far, it would be a waist of time and money, to get stuck in mile number 1. You have facebook or something?, so we could contact each other?

Thats right one does not want to waste time and money my facebook ID is oluwashina balogun

AMADOR
07-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Thats right one does not want to waste time and money my facebook ID is oluwashina balogun

Hey,
I guess your name is quite popular because there're a lot of people with it.....Any how here's what they told me (MUL) about the Loan for US citizen;

Pls be advised that during 2013-2014 MUL in Lodz is not eligible to certify loans at FAFSA for our students.
Refrring to your question regarding financial aid please kindly note that for the academic year 2013/14 the Sallie Mae loan is available
For next academic years we are negotiating condititions of our University participation in this program and we hope to have it continued.

seekingMD
07-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Hey,
I guess your name is quite popular because there're a lot of people with it.....Any how here's what they told me (MUL) about the Loan for US citizen;

Pls be advised that during 2013-2014 MUL in Lodz is not eligible to certify loans at FAFSA for our students.
Refrring to your question regarding financial aid please kindly note that for the academic year 2013/14 the Sallie Mae loan is available
For next academic years we are negotiating condititions of our University participation in this program and we hope to have it continued.

If you want you could give me your facebook name and i will send a friend request to you, yes i got that email from MUL as well, and it's just the fear of the unknown about next year, assuming MUL was not able to get Sallie Mae and i know that it will be a while before MUL get federal loans back from the US government because MUL lost it due to the low pass rate of her students on the USMLE exams, so if Sallie Mae is not available and federal loan is not also available next year then that would be a very big problem and i would be stuck and the only option is to transfer' i have already emailed Jagellonian University and Poznan University and i was told that they would not be accepting any transfer student next year, the risk is just too great to take and i know i have to make up my mind by 07/30/2013 to apply for Sallie Mae, if i would be coming, i guess i would really have to think about this over the weekend.

Sincerely.

memoirs
07-28-2013, 02:15 AM
Apply to gdansk? Which is even better than Poznan, and is CMB certificated, plus their students have a high chance of passing USMLE. It's very comparable to Jagiellonian University and University of Warsaw

seekingMD
07-28-2013, 06:51 AM
Apply to gdansk? Which is even better than Poznan, and is CMB certificated, plus their students have a high chance of passing USMLE. It's very comparable to Jagiellonian University and University of Warsaw

Thanks but i actually checked the CMB website and Gdansk is not on the list of certified schools in Poland, but Gdanks will be an alternative as she has federal financial aid.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.