PDA

View Full Version : Columbia/Ben Gurion University

Moshe
09-18-2004, 01:45 PM
Hi all,

Question I wanted to ask:

How competitive is the acceptance in BGU, and how soon would I need to apply for the 2005 school year? Also, are there any Israelis in the program, or are they all in the Israeli programs?

Lastly, anyone have any tips on how to pay for medical school if you do not forsee yourself working in a country that pays Doctors well? The program is geared towards worldwide medicine, and if I'd work in a 3rd world country, I wouldn't have a salary large enough to pay for school.

Thanks,

Moshe

med 1
09-26-2004, 02:50 PM
does anyone have any info. on this school? What they look for in applicants, applications, .....not just numbers, I can get that from the school...........

any info. would be helpful, thanks.

rdecastro
09-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Hi all,

Question I wanted to ask:

How competitive is the acceptance in BGU, and how soon would I need to apply for the 2005 school year? Also, are there any Israelis in the program, or are they all in the Israeli programs?

Lastly, anyone have any tips on how to pay for medical school if you do not forsee yourself working in a country that pays Doctors well? The program is geared towards worldwide medicine, and if I'd work in a 3rd world country, I wouldn't have a salary large enough to pay for school.

Thanks,

Moshe

Give them a call (I will be tomorrow). The office in NYC, that is.

Medpilot
10-26-2004, 01:46 PM
The thing they look for most is that you are someone who will enjoy working in a very foriegn country.

This is my first year here and everyone here has in some way or another had experience with underserved populations. But even if you don't have that type of past experience, you might still get in if you show enough interest.

I think that the competition to get in is about average. There are a few dual citizens in the program, but for the most part Israelis have their own classes.

Paying for the school? Yeah we're all in that boat. There are lots of non-profits and NGO' s that will pay off loans in return for services after school and possibly residency.

Hope everything works out.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.