PDA

View Full Version : Best European Medical Course taught in English excluding Britain

supamaan
07-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Hey guys,

I am currently strongly considering studying Medicine abroad. The language barrier shouldn't be too difficult as I'm currently studying German and Latin at AS and pick up new languages quick :)

What Universities would you recommend in Europe for a Medicine course taught in English that is also approved by GMC that provides good quality education. Initially, I was considering Romania but apparently it's predominantly self-study there, so I'd prefer a University that provides a good, solid education..

Crbon
07-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Try RSU (http://www.rsu.lv/eng/international-students/degree-programmes/programmes-in-english) in Riga.

devildoc8404
07-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Anything in the E-EU is likely to involve significant amounts of self-study. Hell, medicine in general requires a pantload of self-study. I would recommend researching VMD to see pros and cons of the different EU schools, and then make a trip to visit the places on your short list. Seeing the programs first hand is the one thing that most E-EU potential students do NOT do, but that almost every potential student SHOULD do.

The best school for you will vary according to a ton or variables, but I would tend to lean towards Jag, Warsaw, and Gdansk in Poland, Zagreb and Split in Croatia, and maybe Semmelweis in Hungary, Charles First in Czech Republic, etc. No idea about Riga, but the city seems nice. Regardless, before considering any of the above I would definitely exhaust the W-EU options first.

supamaan
07-07-2013, 06:38 AM
aah thank you guys!! I've been looking at Marasyk as well, any opinions on that ?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.