PDA

View Full Version : Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)

scorpion32
06-20-2013, 08:15 PM
I am a US citizen ! I was born and raised here. I have just finished my first year in college and I want to become a dentist. I am thinking about studying in China. However, the offer a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) which is a 6 year program. Will that make me a dentist? After I am done studying I want to be a dentist in the United States. What am I suppose to do when I get back here? Will I be a dentist? Do I have to take the DATs?
I am really confused. Because I am thinking about doing Orthodontist after become a dentist?

Harry Lloyd
06-21-2013, 02:13 AM
If you have plan to do practice in United States why don`t you start your studies over there? I think you will learn more in US as compare to Chine. You will find good institutes and professional teachers over there that will be useful for you. If you can manage then I think US is better option for you. You just have to contact with some good dentists and ask them for a good institute for studies.

Regards,
Harry
gurzdental.com

Roula
06-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Visit this site foreigntraineddentists.net
Studying in the US would probably be the better option but I know how expensive it is. Afterwards you could specialize as an orthodontist at a university in the US but most require 2-3 years of postgraduate work experience before you can start your postgraduate studies.

Harry Lloyd
06-26-2013, 12:29 AM
Visit this site foreigntraineddentists.net
Studying in the US would probably be the better option but I know how expensive it is. Afterwards you could specialize as an orthodontist at a university in the US but most require 2-3 years of postgraduate work experience before you can start your postgraduate studies.

You are right that you have need of money to carry on studies at United States but you will find quality of study at this place. It is also not necessary that every institute in US will charge you high. So, you can find by visiting different places where you can manage your expenses or visit the place that I mentioned you in last comment for more information.

Jefflewis
04-25-2015, 07:40 AM
Hi, how did it go, I mean your studies? So far I am not sure if the education system in China will be created in united states. So I hope you choose to study in US than China.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.