PDA

View Full Version : February 2013

gvmd
06-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Hello,

I am going to attend AUA for the February 2014 term and I was wondering what the time frame would be in order to graduate? I'm a little confused as to how that will work.

I look forward to hearing responses soon! Thank you. :)

docontheblock
06-16-2013, 09:28 PM
Since you're starting in the winter term, your graduation date should be Fall 2018. Realistically though, you will graduate 2019 or after for a number a of reasons. I am currently a basic sciences student here nearing my end. I can tell you based on the number of students they pump in and out, clinical rotations spots are too few and most of us have to wait massive amounts of time to be placed. And though basic sciences is a 2 year program (4 semesters x 5 months + breaks), you will take your step 1 at the earliest 2.5 years into your education (this is with the review course and 5th semester rotation). Unless you are prepared to take the step right at the end of the review course, you will not meet the deadline to rotate/graduate in 4 years. This is the most honest timeline I can give you. But don't let it deter you. In the field of medicine, the path to success is never straight. Good luck!

PositiveThoughts
10-22-2013, 12:07 AM
Hello,

I have interview next week for AUA. I was wondering if you had received and helpful information and how your interview went? Also, if you don't mind would you be able to share your statistics with me? I am applying for the fall 2014 cycle at AUA.

Thank You!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.