PDA

View Full Version : 5th semester for the new curriculum?

eyeofthetiger00
06-10-2013, 03:48 PM
So how is 5th semester going to be set up for the new curriculum? They have Kaplan or Falcon for 2 months and then clinical portion in the states? Just curious and simply wanted to know.

eyeofthetiger00
06-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Wow so does anyone know the answer or not???

I thought I could get a quick response and just check back on my own convenience but I guess I would have to call NY office to find out if anyone couldnt respond here...

iwanabmd
06-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Wow so does anyone know the answer or not???

I thought I could get a quick response and just check back on my own convenience but I guess I would have to call NY office to find out if anyone couldnt respond here...

I believe the new 5th semester is 6 weeks intro to medicine / 6 weeks of falcon review and then 6 weeks of self study with step1 taken within those 6 weeks of self study. (This was desgined because some students weree taking a year to self study for step 1. Also US students typically only get 3 weeks for step 1 self study

docontheblock
06-16-2013, 09:05 PM
So how is 5th semester going to be set up for the new curriculum? They have Kaplan or Falcon for 2 months and then clinical portion in the states? Just curious and simply wanted to know.

The new 5th semester will consist of a 10 week Kaplan review course in the place of Falcon and the first Family Medicine rotation for 6 weeks.

I'm currently a student here.

AspiringDoc90
07-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Hey I have a question...is any part of the 5th semester done on the island? Or is it ALL done back home in the states?

The new 5th semester will consist of a 10 week Kaplan review course in the place of Falcon and the first Family Medicine rotation for 6 weeks.

I'm currently a student here.

docontheblock
07-23-2013, 10:26 PM
As of now the Kaplan review portion is on the island for 10 weeks. The rest is at home.

Raj25
11-25-2013, 09:54 PM
kaplan or falcon. Both aren't helpful if the students did not adequately prepare during basic sciences. They are REVIEW COURSES. So if you obviously struggled through basic sciences or cheated your way through, both kaplan or falcon will do nothing to help you.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.