PDA

View Full Version : June 10th 2013 On-line Open Day

dlinetackle
06-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Has anyone received information about the supposedly held Online Open Day at Lodz? I ran across their website and they haven't updated it in awhile. I really don't want to wait up till 4 am (my time) if they are going to be a no show.

canadian_jerzyk
06-11-2013, 09:41 AM
MUL did indeed hold their Open Day yesterday as advertised on their website. The link to the different methods of communication was slightly different from the one associated with the banner on the homepage; this may have been a source of confusion. The hours of the Open Day may be adjusted in the future. Given that Poland is 6 hours ahead of the East coast of North America, it was difficult to accommodate people in that part of the world in the timeframe available.

The amount of interest in medical and dental studies at MUL was huge and anyone who missed out on the opportunity to speak with the student volunteers can of course direct their questions to the Dean's Office at any time in their application process.

dlinetackle
06-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Yes, fortunately I was able to attend. It was very informative. Was disheartened to hear that lodz lost us ed loans. May still apply but that is a big negative. Any word on if they are applying for them again?

canadian_jerzyk
06-12-2013, 01:06 PM
MUL lost its US loans in part due to the low USMLE pass rate of its students. At the present time, the school recognizes that it will take a while to rebuild its reputation in the eyes of the American medical and educational authorities to have those loans restored. This will take at least a couple of years.

Of course it's a big negative in the eyes of prospective students; a few interested students this year have posed this same question during the Open Day. The thing to remember is that every school's reputation can and does change on a yearly basis. By the time you are in your senior years and thinking of applying for the residency match, the success of former students in getting matched will have made this school look way better in the eyes of the US Department of Education and the state medical boards, making MUL a great option for earning your medical degree.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.