PDA

View Full Version : Please help on transfer issue

chidubem
06-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Hello everyone. I need help. I'm from Nigeria and I'm presently preparing for my 2ND MBBS exam.
I'm searching for a recognized school in Europe or US that will accept me as a transfer student using my 2ND MBBS exam result assuming I pass the exam.
Is this possible? I don't want to start afresh if/when I get admitted into the school. I just want to continue.
I'm looking at a budget of not more than $4500/year for the tuition fees.
Please guys, help me. Thanks a lot.

devildoc8404
06-09-2013, 12:37 PM
I would be surprised if it is possible in either location.

The US medical schools will not accept a transfer student from a foreign school without a North American undergraduate degree (BSc, BA) and competitive MCAT scores... and even then it is an extreme rarity. Additionally, as a foreign national without a Green Card, it is a virtual impossibility. The US schools are far more expensive than that, anyway (except USUHS, for example, but you are not eligible for the US military medical school anyway).

The only EU schools I know of with fees that cheap are Romania (and you will have to see if a school there will allow transfer... I doubt it, but you can ask), Germany (will not accept foreign transfers and presupposes fluency in German language), France (will not accept foreign transfers, requires French fluency, and would require passing of the Concours exam), etc. I would suggest seeing if Romania will play ball with you, the other locations are highly unlikely.

Good luck.

vortem
06-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Budget wise, aiming at 4500$/year is quite impossible. I don't know exactly how much the euro/dollar ratio is right now, but in EU tuition fees start from 11-13,000$.

umz_786
06-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Hi

The medical univeristy in Arad (Romania) offer Medicine for just 3,200 per year which is about $4,300. The degree is fully recognised and is probably the only one that is within your budget of $4,500 per year for tuition. Transferring is also very straightforward in Romanian unis. If your subjects match up then you should be able to get into 3rd year.

Im helping another Nigerian student transfer to Iasi so I understand what sort of things you guys need to do to apply to Romania.

If you want more info then just pm me

Best of luck

chidubem
06-10-2013, 01:33 AM
Thanks guys for your response. But I heard that racism is a bit on high side in Romania. Is this false? Thanks again.

umz_786
06-10-2013, 05:49 AM
Thanks guys for your response. But I heard that racism is a bit on high side in Romania. Is this false? Thanks again.

Haha this is absolutely not true. I read the same thing and was worried about it before coming here. I am a practising muslim and I have a beard and indian skin complexion but I can honestly tell you that I have not had one problem. I have not heard of other students having problems either.

But I have heard that coloured skin people should avoid certain parts of Bucharest because there is more crime there and more racism. I have been to Brasov, Bacau, Roman, Constanta and Bucharest and I have not had a single problem.

The place you definitely want to avoid is Ukraine. We have a lot of students that transfer from Ukraine after just 1 year because there is a real racism problem there. I think because Romania and Ukraine are next to each other, people confuse them.

The reason

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.