PDA

View Full Version : Gdansk Entrance Exam Advice Needed! Just decided to take it this July!! :)

olgalagaga
05-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Hello,

I have been thinking about attending Polish Medical Schools in the future, in 1-3 years. However, I have just been informed that it is not too late for me to apply to attend Medical University of Gdansk this fall! The entrance exam I would have to take is in July, so I have roughly a month and a half to prepare. I took chemistry in high school and a very rigorous chemistry course this past year - my freshman year at a US university. I took biology my freshman year of high school and human biology my senior year, then took an introduction to molecular and cellular biology this freshman year at school. I am not confident enough in my knowledge of biology, however.

Does anyone know what the best way to prepare for this exam is? Is it a difficult exam? Does anyone recommend any books to study from in particular? Is there a list of topics covered that I could study? Any information would be really appreciated!

-Olga

duzzy
05-24-2013, 05:07 AM
Like I said, you have more than enough time. The exam itself isn't too difficult but can be a little tricky. Just go to the recruitment website and go over all of the topics. When going over the topics don't just remember the broad definition because that won't help you at all. So, if you are reading about cell biology don't just remember the basic definitions. Read up on them a little more. When reading about cell membranes read what they are made of, the structure of the two parts of the membrane, and how molecules enter and exit the cell. If you do that with every topic listed then you'll able to get a good score on the exam. O, and read the question carefully. I can't tell you how many times I got something wrong on exams here because I didn't read the question carefully. But don't worry, study hard, you have more than enough time to do well on the test. And honestly, Gdansk does recruiting a little differently so if you have good grades to make up for a lower entrance exam score (like 60% for example) then they take that into consideration as well. They know that education isn't uniform across the world and base the acceptance on thole whole application rather than a score on one exam.

shan2
06-28-2013, 01:28 PM
You gave me the answer I was looking for.
Thanks.
Even I am thinking to attend the same university, just wanted to know as an Expert opinion about the university and is the campus(hostel too) safe for the overseas Students, and is their RAGGING for juniors.
Thanks once again

shan2
06-28-2013, 01:29 PM
You gave me the answer I was looking for.
Thanks.
Even I am thinking to attend the same university, just wanted to know as an Expert opinion about the university and is the campus(hostel too) safe for the overseas Students, and is their RAGGING for juniors.
Thanks once again

duzzy
07-03-2013, 05:05 AM
What is ragging? The University is like any other University in Poland. However, the gem is the uni hospital.

lillymed123
06-05-2015, 11:21 PM
I have the practise tests however they arent corresponding with the material iv been covering from the books...? Is that supposed to happen or are the practise tests similar to the exam

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.