PDA

View Full Version : African Students in SABA

dme1
05-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Hi guys. I'm interested in SABA and would love to apply to the school. I've gone through this forum, gathering a lot of info about the school but the problem I have is I'm a Nigerian student, residing in Nigeria. All info I've got so far are from the Canadian and American students' perspective and I don't feel that has helped me enough....okay, the whole point of this thread is to find the Nigerian or African students in SABA and get info about applying, travelling to SABA, life on SABA and ANY piece of info that you think will be necessary. Thanks. :)

benevolo
05-13-2013, 02:11 AM
Hi guys. I'm interested in SABA and would love to apply to the school. I've gone through this forum, gathering a lot of info about the school but the problem I have is I'm a Nigerian student, residing in Nigeria. All info I've got so far are from the Canadian and American students' perspective and I don't feel that has helped me enough....okay, the whole point of this thread is to find the Nigerian or African students in SABA and get info about applying, travelling to SABA, life on SABA and ANY piece of info that you think will be necessary. Thanks. :)
I think 99% of the class is from Canada/US, but there were a couple from the Caribbean and African countries. That might make it hard for people to help you on here, but let's wait and see. For what it's worth, there is at one prof (Dr. O) who is from Nigeria, and he is an awesome lecturer. So you will have at least one familiar face if he's still around when you do neuro.

dme1
05-13-2013, 05:40 AM
I think 99% of the class is from Canada/US, but there were a couple from the Caribbean and African countries. That might make it hard for people to help you on here, but let's wait and see. For what it's worth, there is at one prof (Dr. O) who is from Nigeria, and he is an awesome lecturer. So you will have at least one familiar face if he's still around when you do neuro.

Okay...thanks for your reply. I hope he'd still be there.

belkeno2k3
08-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Naija 4 life! how may I help u?

hopitulip
09-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Yes it would be nice to hear from african students

dogdutch
10-20-2013, 02:58 PM
I am not Nigerian, but we do have a few Nigerian students. They tell me they miss home a lot, but they overall feel they are being well prepared for medicine and are quite happy here. Bit of culture shock though!

chinazo
11-01-2013, 01:04 AM
Nigerian too, have a windsor admission, but a bit sceptical.... considering saba too...buh i think it's a bit expennsive....what is the realistic price for a year, and are there scholarship opportunities or something?

belkeno2k3
12-19-2013, 01:51 AM
Nigerian too, have a windsor admission, but a bit sceptical.... considering saba too...buh i think it's a bit expennsive....what is the realistic price for a year, and are there scholarship opportunities or something?

no scholarships in Saba; price for a year shld be roughly 13K X 3 = $39,000 (approximately) I believe...

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.