PDA

View Full Version : Greenbook Rotations

az9
05-08-2013, 06:35 AM
AUA is one of the two schools I am considering. One concern I have is the limited Greenbook rotations they have. If you want all Green rotations, I hear the you may have long waiting periods. Have they looked in increasing the Greenbook clerkships?

docontheblock
06-16-2013, 10:50 PM
AUA recently got Kingsbrook Jewish but the Greenbook rotation spots are very limited. We have recently lost a few rotation sites. There is already waiting list for all rotations so yes you will have to wait to be placed in specific spots. Upperclassmen have waited upwards of 6 months to be placed for a rotation. Unless you are going to SGU, the clinical situation pretty much universal to Carib schools.

mrpark01
06-17-2013, 09:05 PM
AUA is one of the two schools I am considering. One concern I have is the limited Greenbook rotations they have. If you want all Green rotations, I hear the you may have long waiting periods. Have they looked in increasing the Greenbook clerkships?

i'm not sure where you're from/where you would like to match/practice..
but i would also look into the requirements of rotations being 'blue' or 'green' in whichever state you're interested in, if you haven't already..
many of states have very lax standards regarding this..

e.g. NY doesn't care as long as it is ACGME/AOA-accredited.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.