PDA

View Full Version : skype entrance exam interview for 4 yr MD program

pre-med
04-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi everyone!!

Does anyone know what type of questions they ask for the skype entrance exam for Lodz? Are they difficult? And could someone provide me with some examples of the questions they ask?

Thanks

canadian_jerzyk
04-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Hi,
Here's an idea of the main questions to keep in mind:

1) Why do you want to be a doctor? If you know already what you want to specialize in, why that field in particular?

2) Do you have any experience in the medical field? Are there any doctors in your family? Not having any experience shouldn't be a problem; it's all about your mindset toward the study of medicine.

3) Have you ever lived/worked in a foreign country or been away from home for an extended period of time? If so, be prepared to give some details. The interviewer will want some assurance that you will be able to survive in Poland for 4 years (it's not that bad once you get here ;) )

4) A skill-testing question of some sort. For example, mine was to list the diseases associated with smoking. IMPORTANT NOTE: Don't google the question you are asked as the interviewer will be able to hear you typing frantically!

My interview took about 15 minutes. The interviewer will not want you to waste their time nor will they want to waste your time, so just keep your answers to the point and you'll do fine :)

Shaista88
06-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Hi,

There were two people who interviewed me. One just asked me usual questions like why do I want to be a physician? My experience in medical field. And me being a neuroscience major, asked me questions about Brain and stress related diseases. And the difference between health system here in US and my native country which is Pakistan.
At the end of my interview with him, he did say though that he will definitely be suggesting me to the admission's committee.

The other person only asked me course related questions, 3 from bio, 3 from chem and 1 from physics. The test was nothing more than a piece of a cake. Questions like, what is enzyme, what is the function of insulin, what is polymerization reaction? What is pH? What is velocity? What is the difference between electrons and protons.

Also if you're accepted, would you Mind personal message me?

canadian_jerzyk
06-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Hi,
I'm glad your interview went well! They're not lying that they'll suggest you to the admissions committee so you should expect a response in the next few days.

Shaista88
06-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Hi,
I'm glad your interview went well! They're not lying that they'll suggest you to the admissions committee so you should expect a response in the next few days.

Yes, I got an acceptance email 2 days after my interview. But I am really nervous. But thanks for your help :)

old_doc
12-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Yes, I got an acceptance email 2 days after my interview. But I am really nervous. But thanks for your help :)

am really happy for you, can i ask you a question? did you apply from your home country Pakistan or are you a citizen of a western country?did this affect your chances?

Shaista88
12-20-2013, 01:07 PM
am really happy for you, can i ask you a question? did you apply from your home country Pakistan or are you a citizen of a western country?did this affect your chances?
Hello,
I applied from America because I was living there but I am sure it doesn't matter where you apply from as there are students here from all over the world including srilanka, Lebanon. So feel free to apply from wherever you live and you will be fine if you have all the required courses taken :)

feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Hoshikage Kisame
07-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Hey I got a bunch of stuff that could help you ..... Today I had my entrance exam and it was really good .... There were two people a man and a woman the man asked me to introduce myself and to talk about my life my career and why I wanted to be a doctor and what are the qualities of a good doctor ? Then the women started to ask so simple questions wasn't worthy what I read ( 1- what are the components of the cardiovascular system ? --- 2- what is vitamins ? I think she asked me this because I am a pharmacist 3- what is the functions of the skin? ) then she proceeded to chemistry ( 1- what is atomic number ? ---- 2- what is radio active decay ---- 3- what is the boiling point of water and is it affected by increasing or decreasing the pressure ?) then with physics ( 1- acceleration at constant speed = ...... -- 2- what is the wave length of visible light ? ) then she said have a nice day we will send you an email in few days then ended the call I hope this will help. ))))

S.JH
07-08-2014, 04:43 AM
hello!

I was supposed to have my exam today. I was wondering about how you contact them and added them on skype?

Hoshikage Kisame
07-08-2014, 06:00 AM
They should send you an email with the details and the exact time of the exam :)

veedee
07-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Hey
I had my interview yesterday and I was accepted today :D
I will be in 6 yr program :)
Anyone else going this October? Or already there?

rjkhemlani
07-16-2014, 11:08 PM
What questions did they ask?

veedee
07-17-2014, 04:31 AM
What questions did they ask?

I put that on a separate thread- 6yr Lodz just had Skype interview!

Nilaa
07-16-2015, 05:07 AM
i am having my exam tomorow, and i am really freaked out... because i am scared that i will forget everything i know in bio and physics. so those people who have done physics and bio can you please tell me what the regular questions can be or basic ones, because right now it feels like all questions are basic

hasmik_haroyan
04-15-2019, 08:40 PM
Hello! I know already 6 years passed after you texted on this website,but if you are still here and are studying in MUL , I would like to ask you some questions about the life in Poland and how are studies in the university. Today is my skype entrance exam and I really hope that I will be accepted.
It will be a big help for me to get an answer back from you!

Ahmed_Assi
04-16-2019, 06:04 AM
Hi!

What kind of questions did they ask you?
I’ll have the exam on the 29. And I’m really curious about what they’ll ask��
I’d love to hear back from you!

hasmik_haroyan
04-18-2019, 12:58 PM
Hello! They asked me about digestive system, about enzymes, how diabetes is caused, what is an aldehyde, about states of matter ,structure of mitochondria and atoms,
Today I got my letter of acceptance, I wish you good luck! Tell me when you get accepted!
Happy to help you!😇

Ahmed_Assi
04-18-2019, 02:00 PM
Thank you so much! That’s very helpful!

You’ll hear back from me after the 29th!��

hasmik_haroyan
04-19-2019, 11:49 AM
Ok , I wish you good luck! And I will wait for your result.

Mohamad20066
04-26-2019, 10:07 PM
Hi guys, should we answer all the questions correctly to get accepted?

hasmik_haroyan
04-30-2019, 01:50 AM
Hi!
I think so, because if they see that you don’t have enough knowledge, you hardly will be accepted.

sharondavid
05-14-2019, 12:23 AM
Hi ! Did you get selected? What questions did they ask you?

shanelowney
05-14-2019, 09:09 AM
Hello,
Here are some questions for the MD Degree Interview -:

Why did you choose your undergraduate major?

Do you have any family members or role models who are physicians?

What do you know about the current trends in our nation’s healthcare system?

What is “success” in your opinion? After 20 years as a physician, what kind of “success” would you hope to have achieved? Please explain

What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?

How have you tested your motivation to become an MD? Please explain.

hasmik_haroyan
05-16-2019, 01:57 AM
Hello! They asked me about digestive system, about enzymes, how diabetes is caused, what is an aldehyde, about states of matter ,structure of mitochondria and atoms,
Today I got my letter of acceptance, I wish you good luck! Tell me when you get accepted!
Happy to help you!😇

sharondavid
05-16-2019, 02:51 AM
Hi Hasmik ! I had my interview yesterday. After how many days you got accepted?

hasmik_haroyan
05-16-2019, 03:02 AM
Hi! I got accepted in 2 days!

sharondavid
05-16-2019, 03:13 AM
Oooh okay did you answer all the questions correctly?

hasmik_haroyan
05-16-2019, 06:28 AM
Yes I did! What about you?

smithben
05-31-2019, 01:12 AM
According to me these questions are best for interview.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.