PDA

View Full Version : Loan Option and Title IV funding at Saba ?

Superdoc1
04-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm interested in attending Saba for the September term. I'm concern about the financial aid options available for students. I keep calling the financial aid department and unable to talk with anyone. Can some please tell me at this time is Ed-invest the only option for loans? Is Saba going to receive title IV funding any time soon?

medic300107
04-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm interested in attending Saba for the September term. I'm concern about the financial aid options available for students. I keep calling the financial aid department and unable to talk with anyone. Can some please tell me at this time is Ed-invest the only option for loans? Is Saba going to receive title IV funding any time soon?

The only answer I can give is no Title IV for SABA anytime soon. There was a law for Caribbean medical schools in the 90's that prevents funding offshore medical schools except the 3 that were operating for years - Ross, SGU, AUC which is why they still get them. No other Caribbean school is Title IV eligible as long as (I think) 90% or more of it's students are U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.

zanydoc
08-01-2013, 06:15 PM
For Fall 2013 you will have to use EdInvest (not ideal). Jan 2014 you can apply through fafsa for US Title IV loans.

Superdoc1
08-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Ok! Thank you so much for the update information on Saba's financial aid.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.