PDA

View Full Version : Any families with children?

shlentine
09-14-2004, 07:15 PM
Hi, My husband and I are hoping to start in January, and we have 4 boys (11, 9, 7, and 6). Are there other families there?

Sheryl

stchrisrep
09-14-2004, 10:52 PM
Hi, My husband and I are hoping to start in January, and we have 4 boys (11, 9, 7, and 6). Are there other families there?

Sheryl

There are several students with children. If you would like to get in contact
with them, please don't hesitate to contact me by email.

TRICKYDRD
10-02-2004, 01:50 AM
Sheryl,
Hi, I am here with my wife and 2 children. I have a 12yo daughter and an 8yo son. You should contact us about a lot of the specifics of moving a family over here. The schools are different, and the public schools in Luton itself are SH*T. We moved about 10 mins away and are in a pretty good area. There are also budget differences compared to a single student. Our monthly expenses are about 1,100 pounds per month. Thats everything from rent to petrol and groceries. It's not cheap to live here. Over all I would say that our first year here has been a very positive experience for our whole family (we even brought our dog but that turned out to be WAY expensive). I know of 1 other person with school age children here and there are several students with wives and a couple with babies/ younger kids.
Feel free to PM me or if you have questions for my wife. If you really want to get in depth with questions maybe we can arrange for a phione call. Hope to meet you in January.
Good luck,
Doug

wgusap
10-21-2004, 09:10 AM
My husband is planning to start in Jan' 05 too. We have an 18 month old baby. We need some help regarding the cost of housing and also need to get a very good idea on the living expenses (average grocery bill, cost of transportation, utilities, etc).
We don't have a lot of money, but also we don't want to live in a "questionable" location. He doesn't mind using public transportation to go to school...
Any ideas?

stchrisrep
10-22-2004, 09:31 AM
My husband is planning to start in Jan' 05 too. We have an 18 month old baby. We need some help regarding the cost of housing and also need to get a very good idea on the living expenses (average grocery bill, cost of transportation, utilities, etc).
We don't have a lot of money, but also we don't want to live in a "questionable" location. He doesn't mind using public transportation to go to school...
Any ideas?

If you email me, I can refer you to other students with families.

You can push the email button below or get my email address
from the following page:

http://www.stchris.edu/contact.htm

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.