PDA

View Full Version : University of Szeged (I've got a few questions)

Jeer.Ibrahim
03-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Whats up everyone,
I just got my acceptance letter to the medical program at Szeged, I am pretty excited, yet disappointed, I received my Bachelors of Science in Human Biology back in December of 2011, I applied to the anatomy summer course and to 2nd year (3rd semester), but I received an email saying I got into the first year (six-year program), I sent in all course descriptions of all classes I took while I was in the US including transcripts and all paper work with a photocopy of my degree. I want to know if anyone else had this problem?
-not that I mind to do an extra year of school (I can become a better student due to those refresher courses that I have already taken in US colleges.)

-Question 2: Financial aid (does it make a difference being from the US vs EU? are there any student loans, grants, scholarships available? does the school require full amount immediately or do they have installments? Obviously as a broke recent college grad who has been unemployed in the US for nearly two years, I don't have that kind of money immediately.

-Other question: I am set on going to Europe (Hungary) for sure, I don't have a doubt in my mind, therefore I am in need of ROOMMATE(S), I am from the US (currently reside in Florida, but originally grew up in Missouri), thinking about flying into Europe fairly early in the summer (May, June) to get familiar with the city, school, etc...
-I would like to get a fairly cheap place close to the school, if anyone is interested please contact me so we can try to work things out and get to know each other a bit.

sorry for long post, cheers and congrats and thanks!

Zheer.

MissH
03-23-2013, 11:42 AM
I think you should call them up or send a letter perhaps? That way you will know what's up. May i ask why you chose Szeged?

Jeer.Ibrahim
03-24-2013, 10:53 AM
I think you should call them up or send a letter perhaps? That way you will know what's up. May i ask why you chose Szeged?

Hey, I have sent two emails, I have not heard anything back yet, they might be a little tired of my emails, I have sent a lot recently. anyways, I chose Szeged because I have a friend that is currently in first year there, she influenced me to apply, and I did some research, it seems like a nice quiet city to study at, I got admitted fairly fast as well.

xano
03-26-2013, 03:24 PM
They will not grant you a full year because that way they will loose money and as you will find out soon the school you are entering into is only and all about money. However if you already have taken courses at the university level you can present them to each course professor and ask for an exemption and they may or may not give it to you depending on the course descriptions that you present. if you do end up getting an exemption some courses directly give you a mark based on your previous grades and other courses such as chemistry ask you to write an exemption exam and the grade you get on the exam is the grade you get in the course. For chemistry most ppl got a grade of 2/5 or failed and had to do the course anyways.
Your question about financial aid... everybody not matter where they are from pay the same price... you pay 8500 dollars first semester in one installment and another 8500 the next semester again all at once... if you fail to pay the whole amount by the due date which is usually a week before classes start, they will remove you from all courses and in order to register again you must pay an extra charge and sometimes some courses end up being full in which case you have to wait till next year to take them.
Also just a side note, be prepared to stay here for more than you are expecting to. While no matter how much you fail in this program you will at the end become a doctor, you might have to take an extra year or two to get there... now you might think that will not happen to you... but they will fail you just like they did so many ppl this year because they want you to stay an extra year... even if you fail one course you have to still pay the full 19000 dollars in order to retake the course next year.
Hope this helped

phophuclai
05-30-2013, 04:50 AM
For an American with a BSC degree, going to Hungary is a big mistake. I have heard that there are universities in Poland that offer 4 year medical degrees which is specifically designed for US students and the program is modeled to fulfill the requirements of the USMLE exams. Poland is part of the EU so you won't have any problems with the accreditation of your degree.

zoh
06-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Hey, going to Szeged this september to do dentistry. going to be looking for a flatmate as i will be getting a 2 bedroom flat. email me at (zohaib 1 @ outlook.com) no spaces

zoh
06-18-2013, 10:14 PM
Im from the UK btw

KittyK
08-23-2013, 01:13 AM
A completely new flat for rent! Its 56m2 big, has two separate bedrooms, livingroom with kitchen. It is fully equipped with new appliances. The gas was maximum 17 000 ft/ month in the winter. It has underfloor heating in the livingroom, kitchen, bathroom and toilett, shades etc. For more informations: kitty.keller91 at gmail.com or 06305716173

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.