PDA

View Full Version : St. Martinus president banned from Wikipedia for impersonating ex-CMU student

verokmed
03-05-2013, 09:52 PM
I was looking at the St. Martinus Wikipedia page and came across this: Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations/Sharmauiuc/Archive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sockpuppet_investigations/Sharmauiuc/Archive)

He was banned from editing Wikipedia for using multiple accounts, including the "Cmutosteustatius" account, who claimed to be a disgruntled ex-CMU student.

This user appears to be the owner of St. Martinus University Faculty of Medicine and has made several edits to scrub the article, writing about a "rival school" in the edit summary. Roughly 30 minutes later, after nearly two months with no edits, Caribbean Medical University was edited by User:Cmutosteustatius

I think User:Xtc4jr may be an alternative account of this user as well. The account was created last night and has only made edits to an RfC on Talk:St. Martinus University Faculty of Medicine. Seems to be a WP:CAST issue

Jive Talk
03-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Hmmm I wonder which school has a Sticky on VMD regarding multiple accounts???!!! That's right.... it's CMU!!!!!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.