PDA

View Full Version : St. Martinus president banned from Wikipedia for impersonating ex-CMU student

VintageTrail
03-05-2013, 12:43 PM
I was looking at the St. Martinus Wikipedia page and came across this: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sockpuppet_investigations/Sharmauiuc/Archive

He was banned from editing Wikipedia for using multiple accounts, including the "Cmutosteustatius" account, who claimed to be a disgruntled ex-CMU student: en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Cmutosteustatius&oldid=539933472

verokmed
03-05-2013, 09:55 PM
So pathetic how Martinus tries to get new students. There are about only 20 on campus and they are hungry for more at any price.

Jive Talk
03-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Hmmm I wonder which school has a Sticky on VMD regarding multiple accounts???!!! That's right.... it's CMU!!!!!

VintageTrail
03-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Hmmm I wonder which school has a Sticky on VMD regarding multiple accounts???!!! That's right.... it's CMU!!!!!
This has nothing to do with CMU.

It's about the SMU president being incredibly unprofessional.

Jive Talk
03-23-2013, 09:50 PM
We all know that CMU is the one that is playing around with Wikipedia, and making it look like SMU is banned (I asked admin about this topic when it first came up on VMD). How come we don't see the facts regarding CMU, such as,

Jersey City medical student is stabbed to death at school dorm in Curacao
see: h t t p : / / w w w .nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2011/07/jersey_city_medical_student_is.html

Just one example, guys

VintageTrail
03-24-2013, 05:54 AM
We all know that CMU is the one that is playing around with Wikipedia, and making it look like SMU is banned
Are you saying that the SMU president isn't actually banned? How do you explain this then: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Sharmauiuc#Blocked_for_sockpuppetry

VintageTrail
03-24-2013, 11:08 AM
I've gathered some info from Admin
Which admin are you referring to?

just because someone claims to be someone on the internet does not mean that it is their actual identity.
Well you have a problem with that theory. Take a look at this sockpuppet investigation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sockpuppet_investigations/Sharmauiuc/Archive

At the very bottom of that page, it was found that the usernames "Sharmauiuc," "Cmutosteustatius," and "Martinusmed" are all on the same IP address, which is 190.88.55.6. Using an IP address locator, it turns out that IP is registered in Willemstad, Curacao: geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm?GetLocation&IpAddress=190.88.55.6.

Sharmauiuc's first Wikipedia edit was in May 2012, where he claims "I am from a St Martinus University" and complains about users who are "glorifying another scam school": en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Leuko/Archive_12#Removing_information_from_St._Martinus_ University_Faculty_of_Medicin

Every single one of Sharmauiuc's Wikipedia edits involves trying to add positive information to the SMU article, or is a complaint about others adding negative information to the article: en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions/Sharmauiuc&offset=&limit=500&target=Sharmauiuc

So either someone from the university IP address has been using the president's name to make SMU look better on Wikipedia for almost a year...or it's actually the university president.

People can make their own conclusions.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.