PDA

View Full Version : Medical Council of India approval of St. Martinus University Faculty of Medicine

SMUFOM
03-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Look under list of foreign medical university in the following URL--http://online.mciindia.org/online/ECApplicationForm.aspx

cybershark
03-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Please review section 9 on page 5.

http://www.mciindia.org/meetings/BOG/2012/September/Minutes_BOG_17.09.2012.pdf

Medical Council of India
New Delhi
Minutes of the meeting of the Board of Governors 17.09.2012

Communication received from Embassy of India, Caracas regarding Standards
of Medical Education in St. Martinus University, Faculty of Medicine,
Curacao– Decision regarding continuation of Issue of Eligibility Certificate for
this University.
The Board of Governors considered the letter received from the Ambassador of
India, Caracas forwarded by Ministry of Health & F.W. vide their letter dated
18.06.2012. The BOGs studied the contents of the letter received from the Ambassador
of India, Caracas and decided that Ministry of Health & F.W. may be informed that in
view of the contents of letter received from the Ambassador of India in Caracas, the
MCI may be allowed not to issue eligibility certificate in respect of St. Martinus
University, Faculty of Medicine, Curacao; Avalon University School of Medicine,
Curacao and other medical universities operating from Curacao in view of the fact that
the Govt. of Curacao does not issue authenticity form for the medical degrees of
offshore institutions/entity operating in their country. Subject to approval of this
proposal by the Ministry of Health & F.W. , the MCI will stop issuing eligibility
certificate from prospective effect.

SMUFOM
03-04-2013, 07:41 AM
Cybershark the information you are posting is out dated. Please take the following steps:

1. Go to MCI website Official Website of Medical Council of India (http://www.mciindia.org/)

2. Click on "Apply Online" on to the right side.

3. On the drop down menu, select Eligibility Certificate.... and submit

4. Now, look at the List of the Foreign Medical University and you will find St. Martinus University Faculty of Medicine.;)

cybershark
03-04-2013, 09:54 AM
This is a Master list of institutions. It does not mention when it was last updated. The document I posted is from 17th September 2012 which is not from yesterday but 5 months is pretty recent.

It might be possible back in the day the school had provision from the MCI. However, to determine the authenticity a dated document from after 17th September 2012 will be much more efficient.

Info88
03-04-2013, 11:09 AM
As per my knowledge, there is no Indian Embassy on the island of Curacao and there is an ambassador for Netherlands Antilles who communicates with the Indian Government and he sent a letter to Medical Council of India right after they published the article in the September month. It does not seem to be very serious to be very honest as I have heard that MCI has issued Eligibility Certificates after that date and there have issued more than 10.

So it seems to be waste of time to research more on this subject.

SMUFOM
03-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Cybershark, again your information is OUT OF DATE. Click on the following URL http://online.mciindia.org/online/ECApplicationForm.aspx then select Name of the Foreign Medical University and in the drop down box you will clearly see St. Martinus University Faculty of Medicine.

FYI to parents and potential students, I have written and provided supporting documents of a fact and do so gladly with my name and title because I know what the truth is. Cybershark continues to post out dated information without giving any information about his true identity. Who will you believe??? Call me as my number is listed in my signature line and I would be happy to answer any other questions!!!

VintageTrail
03-18-2013, 07:48 PM
I have written and provided supporting documents of a fact and do so gladly with my name and title because I know what the truth is. Cybershark continues to post out dated information without giving any information about his true identity. Who will you believe???
Honestly, I would believe Cybershark over you. His/her real identity is irrelevant. Your job is to sell your product to potential students so obviously you're not the best source for unbiased information.

You claim the disapproval info is out of date, but that is the only mention of SMU's name on the MCI website and it's barely six months old. In fact, since SMU was granted approval from the MCI in June 2012, the PDF on the MCI website from September 2012 is actually the most recent source.

Frankly until I see something directly from the MCI that is more recent than the September 2012 disapproval decision, I would view any conflicting information with skepticism.

SMUFOM
03-18-2013, 09:38 PM
Both of your post are there to confuse potential students. However the intelligent students will click the above URL and find St. Martinus University is on the list for MCI. We at SMUFOM appreciate your skeptical and untruthful post as the facts will prove that we are approved as stately previously and will make your future post less creditable. Thank you again and have a wonderful evening.

Info88
03-23-2013, 11:14 AM
I visited the website today (3 March 2013) and it says the website was updated 20 March 2013 and the list of approved schools is a part of this website. I am sorry to inform the users or may be competitors that this is not good to post things like these against the school to misguide its prospective students. It is sad to see competition like this. I wish people had posted that they had done something better to educate students and not share information that is not even true.

cybershark
03-28-2013, 04:03 PM
@SMUFOM- Your assumption of our posts to confuse potential students is meaningless. My post was specific to the information obtained on the website. Neither do I belong to any school or do I advertise on behalf of schools. Revealing my identity as Mr or Ms X from XYZ city is not going to change the information I posted from the MCI website.

Additionally your information of successfully obtaining Canadian loans for students is partially correct. Not all provinces in Canada provide funding for St Martinus. The province of Ontario does not yet recognize your school. We now know for a fact who is out here to confuse potential students with half hearted facts.

You can clarify this information here https://osap.gov.on.ca/SchoolSearchWeb/search/school_search.xhtml

Enjoy your Easter weekend!

Info88
03-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Yes, that is true that SMUFOM is not on the list, but the current or prospective students are eligible to apply for OSAP loans. I have filled out an application today. It has to be on a paper first so that they can approve and update their database. You are right that Quebec province does not recognize any schools outside the Canada for student funding.

I could find SMUFOM as one of the approved schools for Canadian federal loans.

Go to the school website --> Finance --> Canadian Students Loan Program --> click on List of the Government Approved Schools for Federal Loans

cybershark
04-01-2013, 09:09 AM
@INfo88-

1)Anyone can apply for OSAP loans. You can join a medical school which opened yesterday and send in a paper application. That does not mean the school is certified and if you think OSAP is waiting for your paper application to add you to the list of approved schools you are highly mistaken. OSAP has a certain criteria and the school has to prove its worth to obtain funding. You cant have some shady business going on and have the school get approved. As per the school's website and the school officials postings it mentions the school is approved for OSAP. At this point in time the school is "NOT" approved. Anyone saying anything else besides this is talking some rubbish

2) I called OSAP and did some research after your last post. A school needs to be in existence for 10 years before being granted approved status.

3) The day you get a dollar in funding from OSAP I will consider your school as an approved school.

4) For all schools outside the country there is no provincial funding, it is only federal funding. Even though the school appears on the canlearn.ca list you will still not get funding unless the school is approved provincially.

5) To hell with what the school links in the finance section say " As of this point the school should probably sing another tune to gain more students"

Info88
04-01-2013, 07:26 PM
I haven't had any problems as of yet. I will definitely post on ValueMD as soon as my OSAP application has been approved. I don't think that they are doing this to gain students because it does not make any sense to me. There are a lot of students out there who depend on loans to finance their education and if they don't get loan, they wouldn't come to the school - simple!
As far as the 10 years factor is concerned, the school has completed 10 years according to IMED/FAIMED and WHO listing. I am sure that I can trust these non-profit organizations.

K-Ish
06-12-2013, 10:44 PM
User can't play nice.

Torontoguy81
06-13-2013, 08:36 AM
I was approved for OSAP!!! Suck it haters!!! To the rest of you, please excuse my vulgarity and go apply for OSAP!

medic300107
06-16-2013, 06:14 PM
Please keep this thread on topic. No more warnings.

kishorpappu
06-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Sir, I am student from India and I came to know about your school. As I came to know that your school is no longer eligible by the MCI and graduates from your school can't get eligibility certificate from MCI if they are a graduates from St. Martinus University. In spite on your letter to MCI or Mr. B's letter to MCI, the public notice on MCI website is not yet removed. So still students attending St. Martinus University are in eligible to receive eligibility certificate from MCI

K-Ish
06-24-2013, 11:32 PM
we don't care about MCI. American students already abandoned us. SMU will make money from the Canadian students now.. at least for the next semester.We don't have to go through this hustling and hassle to keep the school open but have to be done because of our low IQ son. Only if our son was smart enough for normal med school, we wouldn't have to open one and go through this hassle. He is been plagued with drugs and stupidity and to top it off, he is overweight with a brain size of a peanut. Oh lord Krishna.. please help us

SMUFOM
06-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Please note that K-Ish continues to post false remarks that continue to be flagged and given Infractions as seen above in red by the moderators of Value MD.

However, I do feel compelled to share facts. St. Martinus University Faculty of Medicine currently has students from United States, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Curacao, Nigeria, Cameroon, England, India and Jordan and we will continue to recruit students from around the world.

swimchick
06-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Last warning....keep this thread on topic or it will be closed.

Gpreet_s
06-27-2013, 08:48 PM
User can't play nice.

K-Ish
06-27-2013, 10:29 PM
The link provided above is invalid. How can you live with yourself?? trying to rob people's hard earned money. I know you are hurting because you lost money in the school and SS PS won't give you penny. So now you are being their pimp to recruit students and take your share and walk out. You are worser than a parasite. Shown below is the fake site you posted
Server Error in '/online' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 49:
Line 50: //qstCRN = Request.QueryString["CRN_No"];
Line 51: TCode = Session["TCode"].ToString();
Line 52: AType = Session["AType"].ToString();
Line 53:

Source File: c:\inetpub\vhosts\mciindia.org\subdomains\online\h ttpdocs\online\ECApplicationForm.aspx.cs Line: 51

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Online_Registration.ECApplicationForm.Page_Load(Ob ject sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\vhosts\mciindia.org\subdomains\online\h ttpdocs\online\ECApplicationForm.aspx.cs:51
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5466; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5456

K-Ish
06-27-2013, 10:43 PM
User can't play nice.

K-Ish
06-27-2013, 10:51 PM
User can't play nice.

K-Ish
06-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Cybershark, you are absolutely right. I just checked it out and the answer is NO
osap.gov.on.ca/SchoolSearchWeb/search/school_search.xhtml[/url

K-Ish
06-27-2013, 11:09 PM
User can't play nice.

medic300107
06-27-2013, 11:21 PM
This thread has created nothing but Terms of Service violators. As such I am closing it. SMUFOM feel free to create another thread if you wish. To ALL USERS, ANY INFRACTIONS IN A NEW THREAD WILL BE DEALT WITH AN IMMEDIATE "TROLLING" INFRACTION WHICH CREATES A MANDATORY TEMPORARY BAN as well as 3 infraction points. This is the ONLY warning.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.