PDA

View Full Version : Current students at UNIBE Med School...

cocomadmoiselle
03-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Hello everyone,

I would like to get some details from current students at UNIBE Medical School, since I am planning to apply there for the Fall semester. Are you liking the Med School program so far? Are the professors well trained? Is it worth the amount of money that I need to pay to get in this school?

Please help and thank you for your reply. :D

rburcu
04-21-2013, 01:11 PM
I Live in the dominican republic, and one of the options i had was UNIBE. My goal is pass the boards and get into a medical residency on internal medicine. I thought UNIBE English Program would be great for me, but as a dominican student i've heard terrible things about it. The teachers are not good english speakers and the curriculum doesn't prepare you for the boards. so you'll have to study by yourself, or pay 4,000$ usd. for a 4 months prep. course with kaplan.
My advice is to see the options you have. and consider any other caribbean medical school instead of UNIBE. I applied to a new medschool opening in Dominican Republic. It's called O&MED. it is developed in association with Harvard Medical International and i've heard really qualified teachers are going to work here. Also the curriculum has Problem Based Learning, which is really helpfull for the board. You can check their webpage, google oymed and you'll find it. ValuMD don't let me post links here. it's a little more expensive than unibe but i think is definitely worth it.

jods
04-24-2013, 01:53 AM

um363
04-29-2013, 01:29 AM
Before going into detail about this new med school what is the status of UNIBE title 4 funding, their admissions dept claims they will still have loans by the summer but my internal instincts tell me they are not honest

I called them as I am interested in applying for fall. They still have loans atleast for fall and now require students to take step 1 before clinics. Also they have a new curriculum /rules so hopeful the pass rate goes up enough to keep it .

v.alvarez
08-28-2013, 08:37 PM
UNIBE has Federal Loans. If you need morre information, just do your reserch, the names of medical schools receiving Federal Loans is public information in the states, if you want to be sure just ask the primary source. Plus an Institution like UNIBE, with 30 years of medical graduates, is not going to provide false information to applicants.

jods
10-16-2013, 11:38 AM
yes correct, UNIBE currently has Federal Loans

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.