PDA

View Full Version : Working on the island? For students and spouses?

cm90
02-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi,
I am applying to Saba with hopeful entry in Sept 2013. I am wondering if it is possible for students to get work (I don't know how else to pay for school...)

I am also wondering if there is any work for spouses? I know that most people leave their lvoed ones at home (at least this is what I have heard) but my husband's current work situation is lending itself nicely into a change for Sept. He is an electrician and has other experience in trades such as heating/cooling/construction, etc. He would also be willing to work pretty much anywhere like a school, for the vet, a restaurant etc. We just want to know what his chances are for getting a job?
If there are jobs out there how do we go about finding them and applying for them?

benevolo
02-27-2013, 03:53 AM
Hi,
I am applying to Saba with hopeful entry in Sept 2013. I am wondering if it is possible for students to get work (I don't know how else to pay for school...)

I am also wondering if there is any work for spouses? I know that most people leave their lvoed ones at home (at least this is what I have heard) but my husband's current work situation is lending itself nicely into a change for Sept. He is an electrician and has other experience in trades such as heating/cooling/construction, etc. He would also be willing to work pretty much anywhere like a school, for the vet, a restaurant etc. We just want to know what his chances are for getting a job?
If there are jobs out there how do we go about finding them and applying for them?

Hopefully someone else will come by with more information, but the short answer is yes. There were spouses / SOs working on the island at various places, so that is possible. Although in a skilled job like electrician it may be more difficult without local certification, especially since the Dutch takeover of the island. As for yourself, you're not going to have time to work.

cm90
02-27-2013, 07:27 AM
Hopefully someone else will come by with more information, but the short answer is yes. There were spouses / SOs working on the island at various places, so that is possible. Although in a skilled job like electrician it may be more difficult without local certification, especially since the Dutch takeover of the island. As for yourself, you're not going to have time to work.

Thanksfor your reply. I figured as much with the no time for work I just wanted to hear what people had to say and I have high hopes still lol. Looking forward to what others have to say.

Acton
03-16-2013, 09:42 AM
right this is

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.