PDA

View Full Version : Caribean Medical Student applying to Australian Residency programs

Nefertiti_17
02-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Hi I will be a Caribbean MD grad in the future. I am trying to do some background research in preparation. I am doing my best to keep all options open to increase chances of actually being accepted to a residency program.

Can someone out there help me with gathering information regarding "How to apply" and what is required to be eligible for residency positions in Australia. I would appreciate any guidance that anyone can provide as the other thread reply I've read seem slightly outdated and more concerned with applying to Australian medical schools or jobs after training is completed.

Thank you.

devildoc8404
02-25-2013, 06:16 PM
First of all, make double-damn sure that your Carib medical school is fully accepted by the Australian medical authorities.

Secondly, there have been a lot of recent newspaper articles about the dearth of internship positions for Oz medical graduates, making the situation even worse for those who graduate from medical schools overseas, or even from Oz schools as foreigners. Double check on that, as well, because that could scuttle the ship completely unless things have changed.

Most importantly, though? Contact the Australian Medical Council directly for all of this information. It's far too bloody important to your future career for you to rely on an anonymous website for any gory details.

Here ya go... Australian Medical Council (http://www.amc.org.au/)

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.